Springfield, MA

M Marcus Kiley Middle School 4

Posted January 29, 2013
M. Marcus Kiley Middle School is having one of the best years on record this year, and change is in the air. Scores are up, behavior is improved, and the staff is strong and highly qualified. As a Kiley teacher, I feel safe at work every day, and am happy to provide quality instruction on a daily basis. While still a level 4 school, we are very close to pulling out due to hard work, data driven education, and a strong community.

Posted February 07, 2012
i am a student here and this is my first year here at kiley they have some good teachers but some bad students they are out of control they can listen if they tried but they chose to do whatever they want i miss my old school and it was even better than this the kids there were respectful and did what they were supposed to and i went to forest park middle school for a year and i loved it i never wanted to stay home from school until i got to kiley

M Marcus Kiley Middle School 3

Posted December 03, 2011
Kiley Middle School Is Not The Bad School That Peope Think It Is . Kiley Is Getting Better At Their Edgucation Rates And Are Doing Exellent . The Teachers Are Great And The Children Might Be Crazy Sometimes But They Are Willing To Learn . That Is How Kiley Got Number 1 At ANET . Kiley Is An Awesome Place For Children To Have Fun While Get The Edgucation Needed.

M Marcus Kiley Middle School 1

Posted December 16, 2010
I agree with the situation of the school being out of control. My daughter started going back to Kiley this year & it was the worst mistake of my life. She thinks she has be tough & popular just to fit in. The teachers don't listen & the superiors don't want to deal with it. All they care about is suspending a child so they won't have to fix it in a reasonable way. I was planning on sending her to a charter school as well to see if it will change my child back to how she was before all this drama in school.

Posted March 31, 2009
This is my son's first year and I am very disappointed with the stories he comes home with. There are days he doesn't even want to go to school because the kids there are out of control. He was never one to miss school or even ask to stay home when he was sick until he started school at Kiley. He was just accepted to a charter school and I hope things will improve for his sake.

M Marcus Kiley Middle School 1

Posted December 31, 2008
Kiley middle school is really out of control i was a former student last year its so bad that i dont even remember the principals name, even though i do remember him giving meetings very offten about the childrens behavior . the behavior in that school is down right crazy , the children should not be doing half of the things that they do for example run the halls all day and damage the school grounds. The teachers and other staff need to control the children better .

M Marcus Kiley Middle School 4

Posted October 02, 2006
Great school that is really up and coming amongst the Springfield middle school. Teachers are enthusiastic and committed and the administration works hard to create the best possible learning environment.

Posted June 13, 2006
Alrite schools. Kids have a tendency to be disruptive and uncooperative. However, there are a few very well behaved, intelligent children. Please consider Van Sickle when looking at Springfield Schools.

M Marcus Kiley Middle School 3

Posted January 17, 2006
I had the pleasure of participating in a Team Meeting with my daughters seventh grade teachers. I wish to complement them on their professionalism, insight into their students, intelligence, and their commitment to their work. I was impressed with the quick and efficent way in which, the seventh grade counselor helped me correct and address my grienvence. The teachers were extremely helpful and genuinely concerned about my issue. I wish to thank all the Springfield teachers for their commitment to my children, and the impressive way they have educated them. Because of these teachers, my children have scored proficent/advance on all MCAS. Great Job!

Posted April 10, 2005
Kiley is a good school, but know that I have sent my child there, I sort of regret it. If I had another chance I would enroll my child in Chesnut, it is a way better school, but Kiley can be a good school too.

M Marcus Kiley Middle School
180 Cooley Street, Springfield, MA  01128
Last modified M Marcus Kiley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
M Marcus Kiley Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top