PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Our Lady of the Sacred Heart School 5

Posted November 19, 2007
I am so pleased with OLSH. I believe that Ms. Dougal had a hard job to do when she came into this school and I know that she is getting the job done. We have lost some 'OldTimers' in the teaching staff, however these young teachers coming in are very cutting edge with how they teach academics. I highly reccommend to anyone consdering Catholic Education, to come and look at OLSH, you won't be sorry.

Our Lady of the Sacred Heart School 3

Posted May 22, 2007
I have 4 children who attend OLSH and I am so disappointed with the way the school has changed for the worse over the past 2 years.The lack of communication and interest from the principal is discouraging.I have a son who left OLSH for Cathedral last year and was not all prepared for what H.S. was going to be like.We lost some wonderful teachers and the OLSH family has'nt been the same.I can only hope next year will be better.

Posted February 18, 2007
I have 2 children that attend OLSH and I am very happy with school. The principal has a staff of teachers that are committed to teaching and challaning the students. I am greatful that when my son leaves the school for high school he will be not only academically prepared for high school, but will have the caring and compassion that the teachers and staff strive for in all students.

Posted September 12, 2006
My child is in his second year at OLSH and I could not be happier. I disagree with the last review- I think the new principal has excellent skills and has much experience so that she was not willing to settle for 'this is how we always did it'. Those teachers/staff that left were the ones not willing to get on board and move forward. The attitude I have seen so far this year has been great among staff and parents. There is a new and very invloved parent organization that has all sorts of great things planned. My child has had two excellent teachers so far. Any transition to a new leader takes time.

Our Lady of the Sacred Heart School 1

Posted September 05, 2006
I am very upset for the turn for the worse olsh has made. When my daughter first attended olsh I was very happy, but since the the new principal has taken over there are no leadership and I do not pay for my daughter to be in school for this to happen. I was shocked to see more teachers have left the school and how many students there was today.

Our Lady of the Sacred Heart School 3

Posted April 07, 2006
OLSH is a wonderful Parish supported school that has many dedicated teachers, parents, and other supporters. They continue to provide good catholic education to our children. There have been many changes in the Parish and the school over the past several months, some good, some not so good. But as with everything in life, we have changes. All things take time to work out. As St. Francis taught us: ' God grant me the serentity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.' The principal has been less supportive of the older grades than our past principal. The curriculum for the 'middle school' changed drastically and we lost a few good teachers. But all things will work out as they have in the past.

Posted January 14, 2006
My child attends O.L.S.H.. I belive the school has made a turn for the worst. The new principal shows no leadership and is making the children and staff (from my viewpoint) miserable!! Half the staff has quit and there is no sense of unity in the school.

Our Lady of the Sacred Heart School 1

Posted April 08, 2004
I'm sorry but I think that school needs to brushen up. Teachers speaking bad language is not what I want my children to grow up with. Something should be done about the prinipal. I don't think he tries to change the school for the better.

Our Lady of the Sacred Heart School 5

Posted March 05, 2004
In my early years of education I attended O.L.S.H. The values that I learned in my first five years have helped me take on challenges that I would never have been able to do if I had not had the foundation of my education at O.L.S.H. Along with educational values you receive religious background and morals that help you in society. The staff is always involved in what is going on in the community and with the students. The students from O.L.S.H have a chance to attend more completive privet high schools such as Cathedral. O.L.S.H helps mold children in the years that are most important for their growth and development- it is truly a role model for other Catholic Education programs.

Our Lady of the Sacred Heart School
52 Rosewell St, Springfield, MA  01109
Last modified Our Lady of the Sacred Heart School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8