Our Lady of the Sacred Heart School 2

Posted January 27, 2008

Our Lady of the Sacred Heart School 5

Posted November 19, 2007
I am so pleased with OLSH. I believe that Ms. Dougal had a hard job to do when she came into this school and I know that she is getting the job done. We have lost some 'OldTimers' in the teaching staff, however these young teachers coming in are very cutting edge with how they teach academics. I highly reccommend to anyone consdering Catholic Education, to come and look at OLSH, you won't be sorry.

Our Lady of the Sacred Heart School 2

Posted May 29, 2007

Posted May 22, 2007
I have 4 children who attend OLSH and I am so disappointed with the way the school has changed for the worse over the past 2 years.The lack of communication and interest from the principal is discouraging.I have a son who left OLSH for Cathedral last year and was not all prepared for what H.S. was going to be like.We lost some wonderful teachers and the OLSH family has'nt been the same.I can only hope next year will be better.

Posted February 26, 2007

Posted February 18, 2007
I have 2 children that attend OLSH and I am very happy with school. The principal has a staff of teachers that are committed to teaching and challaning the students. I am greatful that when my son leaves the school for high school he will be not only academically prepared for high school, but will have the caring and compassion that the teachers and staff strive for in all students.

Posted January 16, 2007

Posted September 12, 2006
My child is in his second year at OLSH and I could not be happier. I disagree with the last review- I think the new principal has excellent skills and has much experience so that she was not willing to settle for 'this is how we always did it'. Those teachers/staff that left were the ones not willing to get on board and move forward. The attitude I have seen so far this year has been great among staff and parents. There is a new and very invloved parent organization that has all sorts of great things planned. My child has had two excellent teachers so far. Any transition to a new leader takes time.

Our Lady of the Sacred Heart School 1

Posted September 05, 2006
I am very upset for the turn for the worse olsh has made. When my daughter first attended olsh I was very happy, but since the the new principal has taken over there are no leadership and I do not pay for my daughter to be in school for this to happen. I was shocked to see more teachers have left the school and how many students there was today.

Posted April 07, 2006
OLSH is a wonderful Parish supported school that has many dedicated teachers, parents, and other supporters. They continue to provide good catholic education to our children. There have been many changes in the Parish and the school over the past several months, some good, some not so good. But as with everything in life, we have changes. All things take time to work out. As St. Francis taught us: ' God grant me the serentity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.' The principal has been less supportive of the older grades than our past principal. The curriculum for the 'middle school' changed drastically and we lost a few good teachers. But all things will work out as they have in the past.

Our Lady of the Sacred Heart School
52 Rosewell St, Springfield, MA  01109
Last modified Our Lady of the Sacred Heart School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady of the Sacred Heart School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top