Springfield, MA
Students enrolled: 1,012

Van Sickle Middle School 3

Posted July 17, 2015
Could be better teachers get mad when you ask questions about grades etc. principal despite is very disrespectful to parents she doesn't like

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted July 17, 2015
They are level four school. Also they do absolutely nothing about bullying. Teachers favor black and puertrician students over white kids.

Van Sickle Middle School 1

Posted October 06, 2014
Administration does not help with bullying. Mr Levins is of no help. Fortunately we have completed our years at Van Sickle. Visit your child's classroom. Be involved.

Van Sickle Middle School 4

Posted March 30, 2011
i was a student at vansickle middle school i loved all the teachers at that school there all so great i miss the schoo l alot i go to John F kennedy school.I MISS VANSICKLE!

Posted June 08, 2010
I transferred my daughter from renaissance school to Van Sickle Middle School she was failing at Renaissance school due to distractions in the class room and teachers not doing their jobs or caring and controlling the classroom kids. I switched here to VSMS and she is currently in honors getting good grades all i can say is Van Sickle middle Schhol is one of the bestr in the District. Barbara

Van Sickle Middle School 4

Posted April 19, 2010
I am a student here at van sickle and i think its great here!im in band and i play clarinet!thx for all the comments!

Posted November 19, 2009
I was a student at Van Sickle Middle School. I was only here for one year but i loved it there. The Teachers are like a 8 out 10. The Band is great! Ms. Simpson-Plouffe is a good band teacher. The Students are Awesome but some aren't. I got to give prompts to this school because i had moved to Springfield from Texas and i felt so welcomed here. I actually wish i could be at this school then be here back in Texas. - Sarah Chanvong

Posted November 01, 2009
I love this school becuase the teachers really care about ours kids..

Posted October 03, 2009
The principal, asst. principals, counselors, and teachers all care about the students, plus the school is an International Baccalaureate Middle Years school, so they are tops academically.

Posted January 01, 2009
ilove my school as i do my work van sickle is the best school ive ever been to and all the teachers there teach me everything i need to know to get a good education and get higher grades get a job and get into college and get my dream job to dance singand sketch

1170 Carew Street, Springfield, MA  01104
Last modified Van Sickle Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Van Sickle Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top