Springfield, MA
Before care: Yes

Posted December 08, 2014
Academy Hill School is the best K-8 school in Springfield, MA. The curriculum is challenging, the teachers are caring, and the student development in phenomenal. I have two children in AHS and they have grown and matured so much. They are pushed at just the right amount and I blown away at how much ahead they are from where I was at their age. I recommend AHS to any new parent.

Posted December 01, 2014
Sending our son to Academy Hill was the best decision that we've ever made. The small classroom size created an environment in which my (formerly!) shy son felt comfortable speaking up and involving himself in classroom activities. And being surrounded by other children who are curious and inquisitive has sparked a love of learning in him that I know will carry him through the rest of his academic life. As a parent, there is nothing better than watching your child shine - thank you AHS!

Posted October 20, 2014
I send my two children to Academy Hill School, and we all love it. The small class sizes allow for individual attention, and the emphasis is on creativity and learning, not teaching kids how to take standardized tests. The school's community is very warm and inviting, with the older students looking out for the younger students. Several after-school events per year allow the families to interact and get to know each other. The teachers are all top-notch, at each grade level they really understand exactly what each child needs both academically and socially. As students enter the upper grades (it is a K-8 school) they are appropriately challenged; my kids are doing work that is at least a grade level above the better public schools in the region, and they are able to handle it well due to the foundation they received in earlier grades. Students also learn public speaking via the Good Morning Show, where they research a topic and present their findings in front of the whole school. By their eighth grade commencement ceremony, each graduate is comfortable addressing a room of over 100 people - a great skill to have. I give this school very high marks!

Posted March 28, 2014
Great academics and wonderful, intelligent, caring teachers! Children learn life skills like public speaking and working as a team from a very young age and language arts are a focus. The school needs some work in the area of sports and facilities but the academics are extremely adventurous and far above most other schools in the area. The administration can be a little inaccessible at times, but the teachers are so good and on-the-ball that it is rare to need to go to that level! Most of the staff seems happy all of the time which makes the school a fun place for students and parents. A dress policy for the teachers (most dress professionally but 1 or 2 are a little over the top and risqu ) and for the children would be welcome. Overall just a lovely school worth every penny that seems to be looking to get even better!

Posted October 19, 2013
Academy Hill School has an amazing environment that is nurturing and enriching. The teaching and support staff are extraordinary.

Academy Hill School 1

Posted October 08, 2013
What a farce this school is ! I subbed there several yrs ago, and I was stunned to fid the texts were from ELIAS BROOKINGS ( discards)! Many of those kids are perfectly smart, but not at all what anyone but a parent would call gifted. A BIG waste of $$$!

Posted September 13, 2013
My children both attended Academy Hill School. Now successful adults, they still tell me that their Academy Hill years were the best school experience they ever had, and provided them with the foundation for competitive high schools, colleges and careers. In fact, one son claims, "Everything I ever learned at school, I learned first at Academy Hill." This reflects the great love of learning that grew when my kids were enrolled here.

Posted April 26, 2012
I cannot say enough great things about this school! My daughter has been attending since K and is now in 3rd grade. My son just started in the KG program. The teachers at this school go above & beyond to make my kids feel like they are the brightest, most unique individuals in the world. They challenge, inspire and really teach to a child's individual needs. It is academically driven but you don't have to be 'gifted' child to attend here, just one who loves to explore and learn. The Good Morning Show is a great way to start the day and the required 'presentations' provide great skills for self-confidence. There is a good art and music program as well. Best of all, the school is so small, you have no choice but to get along and the students interact really well with other classes, the KGers with the 3rd graders, etc. The school overall is laid back in terms of the way the students dress...no pressure to 'look' or 'act' a certain way! * Only down side I've seen to this school is the lack of an athletic program...but they are trying with afterschool Fitness for Fun programs.

Academy Hill School 0

Posted September 15, 2009
Smart teachers, cutting-edge educational techniques, and small class sizes make this school a spectacular place for smart kids to realize it's ok to be smart.

Academy Hill School