K-4 & Ungraded
Taunton, MA

Elizabeth Pole 1

Posted February 20, 2014
My son has attended this school for the past three years and he now hates going to school. He is constantly bullied because of the lack of supervision, and lack of adequate amount of teachers. We have had numerous meetings every year with little to no improvement on there part to help stop this. He has been diagnosed with a learning disability and was taken out of the special reading class that he had been attending because they "changed there enrollment policy for these classes"? I now have an 8 year old that cries himself to sleep because of the fear of going to school the next day. This is not how it should be and little to nothing on there end has been done to fix this. The most common response we get is that "they have 28 other students to deal with and don't have the resources to handle this". The mass dept of education dosn't know why since the school receives the most funding of public schools in mass that are not state run.

Elizabeth Pole 3

Posted September 09, 2013
Teachers are mostly terrific, caring & helpful. Special Needs and IEP development staff is not as helpful or forthcoming about services you can obtain. Children with ASD/Autism Spectrum Disorder do not receive appropriate services. Maybe due to funding. A kiid has to slip academically in order to get the right help.Large class over 20 but less that 24 2013-14. It's a little better than 29 last year for some grades. Class size should be lower for grade2 K-4, and also because it's a Title I school. Some progress with teaching content and prep. kids for MCAS but is still a failing school for MCAS like others in MA. Homework is stressed and for some grades a packet with coversheet is given which helps children succeed. It should be that way for all grades. Parent newsletters from principal is ok. All teachers should share a web page or give weekly communication to parents about academics, projects, upcoming tests, and what's happening or not happening in your classroom. Some teachers do study guides to help kids prepare for a quiz or test. Great security with cameras and locked doors. School teaches academics, life skills, and ethics! More lunchroom and recess staffing is needed.

Elizabeth Pole 4

Posted April 01, 2009

Elizabeth Pole 2

Posted December 02, 2008

Elizabeth Pole 0

Posted November 16, 2007
being new to taunton, idid not like that i did not know any teachers or my boys sped teachers. they did not welcome me,when i would question thier education plan,i was met with rolling of eyes,or our we going to go through all that. it's a disgrace.

Posted March 22, 2006
I attended E.Pole. Both of my sons attended Pole as well(one is in 3rd grade). While times and faces have changed-the commitment to quality education has not-Both academically & socially. These kids learn kindness,responsiblity,math,reading,science,etc. I would only insist on sending my youngest there also(he's 6 months}

Posted January 27, 2004
This is the best school and staff I have ever been in contact with. All the teachers go the extra mile not only for you but with you as well. The principal is a very caring, kind person. I will never move again until all my children have been through the halls of e. pole.

Posted August 27, 2003
E.Pole is a wounderful school. The amount of parents that get involved, mostly due to the principals encoragement, is outstanding. No child or parent is left behind. I have 1 son going into his second year there and my son and I are both excited about going back.

Posted August 22, 2003
I love this school for my children they are very nice and committed teachers who go that extra mile for you and your children . They are on top of things .the principal is the sweetest and kindest principal i have ever met she gets to to bottom of things when they go wrong. And makes sure our children are safe when they are at school. Thumbs up for E. pole and staff.

Elizabeth Pole
215 Harris St, Taunton, MA  02780
Last modified Elizabeth Pole is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elizabeth Pole Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top