8-12 & Ungraded
Taunton, MA
Students enrolled: 2,378

Posted September 13, 2012
THS is a great school. All staff, including teachers, want us to have a good time, and if needed, they will help a student if they get lost. The only bad things i see is that because the school is so large, its easy to get lost, and the second thing is that its crowded.

Taunton High School 3

Posted May 06, 2012
Taunton High is okay. The students tend to get away with several activites, and the teachers only show interest in teaching the required topic and getting their paycheck. It's relatively easy to do well and the classes are pretty enjoyable. However, some of the teachers are disliked by a good majority of students and they do a poor job of connecting with the student. Overall the clubs and activities are well put together, but the students aren't straightened out properly and some of the teachers aren't organized.

Taunton High School 4

Posted March 31, 2012
I attend Taunton High School as an 8th grader. The school in general is excellent. I dont see the problem with it. The teachers are very cooprotive with students who are not disrespectful. Guidence councelors are exceptionally decent. Whil they are slow on responces, the teachers are by far qualified. I recommend this school to anyone who is interested. At Taunton high, acidemic excellence, civic pride, and social responsabilaty are stressed to its fullest extent. I love being here, and cannot wait to graduate as a Taunton Tiger!

Posted December 13, 2011
taunton high school is not up to par. there are way too many students and the guidance is pathetic. you never see the headmasters outside of their office and no one tries to help indidvidual students. everyone is only concerned for making funds and the MCAS. we do lots of surveys to try and get money from the government and it doesnt feel like a school, more as a punishment. there is way too much going on and its much too busy. teachers and workers are unfriendly and do not teach as well as they should and no one thinks of students like myself. teachers have even been known to cuss at students. they are strict in the wrong places and do not care if students pass or not. it should be a high school, not a strip mall (as a previous parent said). i have never disliked school as i do now. i always enjoyed learning and now just cannot wait to graduate.

Posted June 26, 2011
My son went there from 2007 and graduated in 2010. The guidance counselors were pathetic, both of them. During his time here, all they did was spoon feed him for the MCAS every year. I know the MCAS is important for funding etc., however when you teach it ONLY day in and day out... you are doing nothing for the kids, but teaching them memorization. Every time I engaged him at home and discussed school it was ALL ABOUT the MCAS. it's basically because the school sucked and Superintendent was well past retiring age by 8-10 years... he was just sucking up the good funds while they were available. There is now a better Superintendent in that role and she is doing a good job I feel, however it is too late for my son. Also with the tight budgets it will be difficult to turn it around anytime soon. The one thing that baffles me at this school is they have 1) banking credit union 2) medical clinic on campus (publicly used) an elementary school and nearby preschool and 3) an alter school program ... There is just too much going it's like a strip mall of different options, kinda crazy and out of sync!

Posted February 13, 2011
My experience at Taunton High School has been truly amazing. The diverse cultural atmosphere and excellet faculty and student leadership make it a top educational facility. There is an opportunity for anyone and everyone here. When I came to THS, i played sports and joined some clubs in order to become a more connected student, and I found my spot in student council. Through StuCo I became more involved with the school and developed myself as a person and a leader. I am now serving as the president of the senior class of 2011 at THS and I am well known and respected throughout the building and community. At Taunton High, those who work hard and become connected students, will always succeed. I am proud to be a part of Tiger Nation.

Taunton High School 4

Posted November 22, 2010
Taunton High has been going through a renovation for the past few years, and so therefore the conditions have somewhat improved.. Though even if THS had stayed the way it was, I would've still loved it anyway. I am currently a Junior at THS in all Honors classes, and THS was my first choice as an eight grader. They are the only school in the area with a full-fledged Art program, including AP art, ceramics, photography, etc. Nearly every teacher I have had was helpful,a nd kind, and my guidance counselor helps me in any way possible. I also disagree with the arguement that we have a limited Special Education program. I myself am Legally Blind, and aquire any services I may ever need at THS. I suggest that skeptics talk to the students who go to THS today, not parents who remmeber the school from long ago qhen they were students. Tiger Nation will forever be my home.

Taunton High School 0

Posted October 04, 2009
Taunton High School prepared my oldest son to get into the college of his dreams (Berklee College of Music). THS has something for everyone, and his foundation in music and academics brought him to where he is now. Now, THS is preparing my 15 year-old junior to go to the college of HIS dreams. That's right--he just turned 15 and is a junior in high school. This public, urban high school that sometimes get a 'bad rap', with about 2,000 students, was able to accomodate my son so that he could advance outside of the norm, and be prepared to fulfill his dreams. Both of my children have had the opportunity to be in a public and diverse institution that boosted them to become individuals.

Posted July 30, 2009
AS a large school has great opportunities for those who can take advantage.

Posted December 17, 2007

Taunton High School
50 Williams St, Taunton, MA  02780
Last modified Taunton High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Taunton High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top