Bad
Good

I attended Spaulding as a child and my daughter now attends. We love this school. Wonderful principal, involved counselor, great teachers.

My son went to SMS and there were 25 kids in his classroom, NOT 17. They pretty much do nothing when a kid lays hands on another an leaves bruises. No one cared when kids were rhyming his name with less favorable words, while teacher was present. The education he got there was OK I guess. Good enough for up to 4th grade. Spaulding is OK, I think it the middle school you might want to avoid. Just dont believe it when you read there are less than 20 per room, thats totally wrong.

Spaulding Memorial is a charming school community. Staff throughout the school are caring and approachable.

Our school is great.The staff is wonderful and we have amazing volunteers who always provide fun things for the kids to do.

Both my boys have attended SMS from Pre-K through 2nd grade. My youngest son is special needs and my oldest is not in SPED. I have found the staff to be extremely caring and supportive of both my boys. The care and concern given to each child was evident, and they both thrived as a result. Communication between faculty and parents is encouraged and on an as needed basis. The curriculum is challenging for those who need it to be, but not too difficult where self-esteem is negatively effected. Honestly, I wish my boys never had to leave SMS, but alas they excelled and had to move on.

Last modified Spaulding Memorial is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.