Townsend, MA

Spaulding Memorial 2

Posted June 25, 2014
My son went to SMS and there were 25 kids in his classroom, NOT 17. They pretty much do nothing when a kid lays hands on another an leaves bruises. No one cared when kids were rhyming his name with less favorable words, while teacher was present. The education he got there was OK I guess. Good enough for up to 4th grade. Spaulding is OK, I think it the middle school you might want to avoid. Just dont believe it when you read there are less than 20 per room, thats totally wrong.

Posted September 24, 2009
Spaulding Memorial is a charming school community. Staff throughout the school are caring and approachable.

Posted September 23, 2009
Our school is great.The staff is wonderful and we have amazing volunteers who always provide fun things for the kids to do.

Spaulding Memorial 5

Posted August 03, 2008
Both my boys have attended SMS from Pre-K through 2nd grade. My youngest son is special needs and my oldest is not in SPED. I have found the staff to be extremely caring and supportive of both my boys. The care and concern given to each child was evident, and they both thrived as a result. Communication between faculty and parents is encouraged and on an as needed basis. The curriculum is challenging for those who need it to be, but not too difficult where self-esteem is negatively effected. Honestly, I wish my boys never had to leave SMS, but alas they excelled and had to move on.

Spaulding Memorial 3

Posted February 01, 2006
Spaulding Memorial has the potential to be a great school. Unfortunately I have found there to be many problems with conflict resolution in the class rooms and out doors during recess. There also is need for more communication between faculty and parents.

1 Whitcomb Street, Townsend, MA  01469
Last modified Spaulding Memorial is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spaulding Memorial Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top