Townsend, MA

Hawthorne Brook Middle School 2

Posted May 29, 2014
I'm an eighth grade student here, just about to leave the school. And to be completely honest, it's really not that great. I'm not going to say stuff like "Oh, the teachers were mean" or that it's on a budget, but the staff are very ignorant. Communication is useless with many of the teachers, as they will barely, if not do anything, to solve any issues with you or your kid. The guidance department is also very bad as well. The current one is do I say this without being rude...Insensitive? Yeah, that's the word. My peers and I have not been helped all that much by guidance. Also, EVERYONE plays favorites. I'm not exaggerating. And I'm a good student (I'm going into accelerated classes in NMRHS and taking 2 languages), and I swear, I haven't learned much.

Posted October 16, 2012
Excellent school! This school has great leadership from it's administration, the staff is extremely hard working, they are very responsive to concerns and will take action immediately. My child was new to the school and needed a more advanced math class, and they had her moved over the very next day! The senior teachers here are amazing, the academics are well balanced and they offer sports, arts and music.

Posted September 22, 2009
I love all they options and 1 on 1 attention the kids get. Having moved from a very overcrowded city school to this one has been amazing!

Hawthorne Brook Middle School

Posted September 22, 2009
Excellent staff, very supportive school administration, and hard-working, motivated students.

Posted July 08, 2008
This is the best middle school you could go to! Great teachers and students. Lots of fun!

Hawthorne Brook Middle School 4

Posted May 28, 2007
Oh do I love this school! This is the best school ever. I love my teachers a ton! I have tons of friends at this school and everyone of them are wicked awesome Everyone compliments one another and they all have a sense of humor. The principle is someone I never hear from. She is always really quiet. The after-school activities are awesome! I do track and cross-country. There are also many other things you can do there that fulfill the needs and wants of everyone. OK, there is only one thing wrong with this school. It's on a budget. They have to lay-off 15 teachers and get rid of teams (for classes. they have a red,white, and blue team.) Well I hope this helps!

Hawthorne Brook Middle School 2

Posted March 13, 2007
The quality of the academic,music,arts and,sports programs as well as the other extracurricular activities is average.The problem is in the areas of communication and organization.We have experieced problems in these two areas from the parent/teacher conferences to the after school late bus and more.

Hawthorne Brook Middle School
64 Brookline Street, Townsend, MA  01469
Last modified Hawthorne Brook Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hawthorne Brook Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top