Tyngsborough, MA

Posted December 17, 2014
Just learned of this site and wanted to take a moment to share my positive experiences from the first months of the current school year. Our children have had their easiest adjustment to the start of school ever and we are crediting this to the changes made by the new leadership team. We are particularly pleased that foreign language has been added to the younger school grades and that our children have the opportunity to take part in STEM classes in addition to their traditional science classes. I have recommended the school to many.

Academy Of Notre Dame 4

Posted November 04, 2014
There are a lot of positive changes with the 'new' leadership in the school. They are working hard to become a Blue Ribbon school, which means that the curriculum is becoming more advanced. The enrichment and after school programs are really good now (non-existent before), as well as the new summer camp offerings in 2014. My child has been in the school for four years and we're happy - its not perfect, as the pressure to be a Blue Ribbon school is high, but its a much better offering than the public schools. I've only seen people leave the school in the early grades due to the cost.

Posted July 28, 2014
The 'new' leadership at the elementary school is detrimental to the school community and is driving families and staff away. There are many other schools in the area that should be considered before NDA Tyngsboro.

Posted March 10, 2014
My son went to NDA for grades K-8. He had a great experience, and the curriculum and teachers particularly at the Middle School level were exceptional. He was very well prepared to go onto a private Catholic High School.

Posted October 03, 2012
This is great if you are a white female but if you are a colored male or just a male in general the Nuns will shun you. I speak from expierence of going here from K-8 and This school does not accept males into its high school program so why toture your male kid through 8 years just so he can go to a different highschool to adjust and make new friends. Not to mention this school is overpriced.

Posted September 25, 2012
My son is in his second year, and I am amazed at what he learned already. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted August 11, 2012
Well I beg to differ. The teachers I have met and had have been there for 32 years, 20+ years....I only wished boys could attend High School there too.

Posted August 11, 2012
I entered my son 4 months into Kindergarten. He was in the public school for the first 3 complete months. This was the best choice. He has learned so much and the teachers are wonderful. They are detailed and structured, which the public school he attended had the open concept and if your child was quiet he was missed. I love that everyone is treated with respect and misbehavior is not tolerated. I only wished boys could attend high school here.

Posted May 05, 2012
I went to NDA for high school. The challenging curriculum really prepares you for college. The teachers are understanding and flexible, yet know how to push studentes. I really learned a lot there, especially compared to kids in nearby public schools. The sports had a good emphasis on individual progress, not winning. The girls there are amazing. I haven't encountered any problems with things like bullying. The friends I made there I am sure I will keep for life. I would recommend any girl to go there!

Posted October 24, 2011
Not inferior to public schools, but it's certainly NOT superior. Short teacher career span with constant turn over. This school isn't a good school at any level or in any subject. There are better private schools AND public schools.

Academy Of Notre Dame
180 Middlesex Road, Tyngsborough, MA  01879
Last modified Academy Of Notre Dame is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Academy Of Notre Dame Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top