6-8 & Ungraded
Tyngsborough, MA

Tyngsborough Middle School 3

Posted February 11, 2014
As a parent, this school need much more funding as a tax in this area. probably as MCAS result it got 8 out of 10 but need much more improvement. Have mixed feelings about this.

Tyngsborough Middle School 4

Posted August 06, 2013
I have mixed emotions about Tyngsborough Middle School. Tyngsborough Middle School has a fairly good education system and most of the teachers will help you with any trouble you have...but there aren't many clubs and activities to do after school. I'm personally not into sports but at Tyngsborough Middle School, Sports and Theater are the main extra-circular activities. I just wish sometimes that there was more at this school, but I do participate in the theater program at TMS. The theater program is Superb on both the high school and middle school levels. The Valedictorian of the Class of 2013 is going to Harvard, so this school district could get you somewhere if you try hard. Overall, this school is what you make of it. You can't just read some review and expect to have the same experiences and opinions.

Posted August 06, 2013
Tyngsboro Middle School has a great learning system! The school is rather small but the building provides enough room for the students and staff, and endless amount of room education.

Posted August 05, 2013
Its gotten a lot better and i enjoyed my time here there are now more after school activities and teachers that help you with any questions and they now have more field trips and have had renovations done to the school.

Posted June 12, 2011
As a parent, I am very happy with this school. The teachers work together in teams and make learning fun and challenging for the kids. The student who said s/he wasn't challenged was commenting on current education philosophy which says it's better to put all ability levels together because it prevents tracking at such an early age. That's everywhere. At TMS, they do start to separate the kids in math beginning in 7th grade. Limited funding means the teachers scramble for resources. But the students seem oblivious to this. They only see that they are challenged and are a community of students, teachers and parents. Overall, I couldn't ask for a group of more committed and talented teachers.

Tyngsborough Middle School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers really do their best with the resources they have and could do even more for the students and school with much needed funds.

Tyngsborough Middle School 1

Posted May 12, 2009
I use to be a student at this school. The teachers were somewhat helpful. The reason I left after only being at the school for sixth grade, was that the school did not teach me anything through out the time I was there. There is no way for you to choose whether to be in an acclerated class, and so everyone in the school goes at the pace of the slowest learner. That resulted in much of my time at school being spent doing reading and busy work such as helping the other kids because the teacher didn't understand how to explain the concept to the other kids. This school was basically a roadblock in my education. If you plan on attending, I suggest you look into other options available to you. You are probably going to need them.

Tyngsborough Middle School 2

Posted May 09, 2009
I go to Tyng. Middle. We don't have alot of money, so we've made alot of cuts. we have good teachers, but the school its self is in bad shape.

Tyngsborough Middle School 1

Posted November 25, 2008
I go to this school and it has bad funding mean teachers and it's poorly stocked with bad food, lack of materials and resources and the temperature is unbearable. I guess it's okay but it could be ALOT better.

Posted September 27, 2008

Tyngsborough Middle School
50 Norris Rd, Tyngsborough, MA  01879
Last modified Tyngsborough Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tyngsborough Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top