Bad
Good

I am a parent of a student planning to attend as well as an Alumnus. I cannot say enough to express how important GLRVTS and schools like it are. I will be the first to admit that I "thought" I knew what I wanted to do past High School but, Being a Gryphon made me see that there were far more possibilities. More than I had ever thought of. Had it not been for the outstanding education I received here, I never would have achieved the things I have in my life. Had it not been for the help I received with my mathematics, I know I would have been graced forward in grade again, it stopped at the Voke. I never would have learned about business or met Mr. Dunn who helped me to see the only limit was my own I put on myself. I never would have learned about self discipline by Dave Murphy, I never would have learned to open my eyes to see the potential within me (Thank you Bill May). Now my youngest (and my last thank God) is preparing to go - with my blessings and highest hopes that he gets from there what I did.

My son went there from 2005-2009...The teachers and staff are great...Great communication....

I attended GLTHS all four years and believed it to be the best four years of my adolescence. Teachers provide students a learning environment that creates engagment and interaction at levels beyond what you would expect at a technical high school. Considered one of the best of its kind, GLTHS offers 26 technical shops, all taught by experienced instructors. The extracurricular activities are an added bonus. Students who participates acquire leadership and public speaking skills, as well as organizational and time management skills. The knowledge and skills gained at GLTHS played a significant role in my current career as it gave me a competitive edge. Submitted by a graduate, Info Tech '04

I went there all 4 years, the teachers were really helpful and the shops offered alot.

It is agreat school because you could get a good job in your junior year at the voke

This is a great school! I was here from sophomore thru senior year, enrolled in the college track classes. They prepared quite well. Also the statistics on this site is false, as 100% of students passes the MCAS at or above proficiency by the second time. Teachers are awesome, extra curriculats as well. Prepared me for college, and I got into several top tier schools, ending up studying architecture in Boston. If you are looking for a rigorous curriculum and vocational studies, choose GLTECH!

Last modified Greater Lowell Technical High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.