Bad
Good

Posted August 05, 2015
the new school is absolutely amazing! The district also made a lot of good hires with 99.8 % of Galvin teachers being very qualified and licensed.

Galvin Middle School 3

Posted October 09, 2013
Galvin Middle has been a good school for my daughter who entered attending grade 6. The teachers and students were open to a "New" student. They all made her feel at home while she was far from her home. She loves all the teachers, now in her 2nd yr there even with the construction and teacher changes the school is still good for us.

Posted January 17, 2013
I would give this school five stars if the facilities were better but a new school is being built starting this year. My two daughters are there. We have had a great experience. Great teachers. Great administration. Great community support. The curriculum is challenging and there are a lot of opportunities to be involved in a huge variety of things. I was nervous (my own issues from jr high?) but everything has gone very well. Really really happy with the education here.

Galvin Middle School 1

Posted January 23, 2011
Administration DOESN'T follow through with discipline issues. Students get sent to the office and there is no home phone call for follow up. This school fosters a culture of mediocrity and as a result, standards are lowered and kids learn less. Very few after school enrichment activities.

Posted April 13, 2009
I go to the Galvin and I am disguested. I am bored with this school and they deffinatly gear all of the classes towards the kids who need more help. I am not one of those kids. I have high honners in every subject and love to learn. The thing is, Im not learning anything! After the first two days of learning about something I understand it and am ready for new information, but the problem is they stay on that same topic for days and sometimes weeks! Maybe its just my teachers that I have had the past 3 years but I dislike Galvin very much for those reasons. The only thing I like is the Physical Education program for the 7th and 8th graders. Mr. T and Mrs.Stevenson make it fun even if your not into sports.

Posted March 27, 2009
Good school, yeah, it could use work, but what school doesn't. Much better than both elementary schools I went to and it's nice how all the kids meet each other, unlike Elementary where there were five different schools. 5th grade was definitely the toughest, adjusting to the whole new atmosphere. I am in seventh grade and I mentor a fifth grader and plan on doing it next year. I think it has many good programs including the Mentoring, MCAS Prep, a great special ed program and many others. They make the special ed kids feel welcome and encourage us to, too.

Posted July 01, 2008
Parent of a fifth grade student. Love mrs. Winters! The best! a quality person as well as a caring educator.

Posted June 23, 2007

Posted April 08, 2006
Best teachers: Mr. Pavey, Mr. Pappalardo, Mr. Crispo, Ms. Sharp, Ms. Reagan, Mrs. Maggiore. The overall experience at the Galvin was great --- the mentoring program was excellent. The education was good, the easiest grades were 5,7,8 --- for some 6th grade was the most challenging.

Posted October 26, 2005
My oldest son spent 4 years at the Galvin and I currently have a 6th grader at the Galvin so I have been involved for 5 years. My initial experience was less that great as my older son has Asperger's and it was struggle to get him appropriate services. I was forced to hire and advocate. That done, the school came around and my son began to succeed. My sixth grader is in the basic skills program for math and reading and integrated for all other glasses. He is doing great and really loves his school and all his teachers. I have great communication with his teacher and in my experience, all teachers but one were very caring and easy to work with towards my sons' success. (The exception has since retired.) Both sons attend Mr. West's strategy club which involves model building and battling. (They don't care for sports.)

525 Main Street, Wakefield, MA  01880
Last modified Galvin Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Galvin Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top