9-12 & Ungraded
Wakefield, MA

Wakefield Memorial High School 1

Posted July 21, 2012
VERBALLY ASSAULTED BY A BUS DRIVER, A FEW MEMBERS OF THE FACULTY ARE SOME OF THE RUDEST PEOPLE I'VE EVER MET, AND WHEN PERSONAL PROPERTY WAS DAMAGED THEY DID NOTHING TO HELP!

Wakefield Memorial High School 2

Posted May 05, 2010
Okay, I don't know if the former student who wrote the 10/22/2009 review and I are even talking about the same school, her description is unrecognizable. The place is not very nice, in any way. Physically, it's falling apart: the roof leaks, this year we lost three doors and two windows (and then went to school without them for several weeks), most of the bathroom stalls don't have doors, and the band room is missing half its ceiling, just to name a few flaws. The place is farcical. It is literally too bad to be true, but unfortunately, it is. Where some select students ended up going to college is no indicator of the quality of the school. I will be attending a top private college in the fall, but I would not say I had received a very good education at WHS.

Posted February 11, 2010
Great school! My daughter and all her friends are headed off to top universities next year. As a parent I am very pleased with my daughter's education, and of course proud of my daughter's achievements.

Posted January 06, 2010

Posted December 27, 2009
Very impressed with the Wakefield school system. I am a mom with somewhat yuppie tendencies (with very high standards of education for my kids), and have not been disappointed.

Posted November 10, 2009
I have raised 3 Wakefield High School graduates, and all have gone on to go to highly ranked private colleges where they have found much success. It really is a great school system and Wakefield is, in my opinion, perhaps the best town in MA to raise a family, and among the nicest in general.

Posted October 22, 2009
I am a graduate of Wakefield High School and now attend a top private college. I am constantly impressed by how well I have been prepared for college; many kids here seem to crumble under the pressure! The atmosphere at WHS was great in that it seemed to be a place where students were able to gravitate toward their own interests... It didn't seem like certain groups got priority over others. For example, at WHS there was not really any favoritism toward athletes, or towards drama/art/music students, or towards tech/computer/TV students, or towards anyone. We were never really pressured to go in any particular direction. Based on what I've heard from friends from towns like Reading, that is a rare (and great) thing for that Wakefield has to offer.

Posted October 17, 2009

Posted March 29, 2006
I am a freshman at Wakefield High. The school is known for having a great academic program, but some of the teachers are of poor quality. The honors courses are challenging and focus on critical thinking for the most part. Extracurriculars range from sports teams to math team to DECA club, which is definitely a positive. When something becomes an issue, the principal is sure to send something home informing parents/guardians. The teachers are very nice and care about how a student is performing in her/his class. Safety hasn't really been a problem, but in the past there have been problems such as bomb threats and other affiars similar to that. Overall it's a decent school, some internal maintanence is of a need, but other than that its one of the top public schools in the area.

Posted October 26, 2005
My son is a freshman and is enjoying school. I have met his teachers and they all seem to really care about the kids. I discovered my son was in the wrong english class (no aide) so they had to rearrange his schedule. This was upsetting to him but they went all out to make him feel more comfortable and make it work. I have only had to email one teacher so far but they are very accessible. My one complaint is that information no longer comes home. I missed parent/teacher night because it was in the newspaper and on the web but I missed the postings and my son didn't tell me. I think they should have an email option to keep parents informed of school events. High school is certainly an adjustment for both students and their parents.

Wakefield Memorial High School
60 Farm St, Wakefield, MA  01880
Last modified Wakefield Memorial High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wakefield Memorial High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top