Bad
Good

VERBALLY ASSAULTED BY A BUS DRIVER, A FEW MEMBERS OF THE FACULTY ARE SOME OF THE RUDEST PEOPLE I'VE EVER MET, AND WHEN PERSONAL PROPERTY WAS DAMAGED THEY DID NOTHING TO HELP!

Okay, I don't know if the former student who wrote the 10/22/2009 review and I are even talking about the same school, her description is unrecognizable. The place is not very nice, in any way. Physically, it's falling apart: the roof leaks, this year we lost three doors and two windows (and then went to school without them for several weeks), most of the bathroom stalls don't have doors, and the band room is missing half its ceiling, just to name a few flaws. The place is farcical. It is literally too bad to be true, but unfortunately, it is. Where some select students ended up going to college is no indicator of the quality of the school. I will be attending a top private college in the fall, but I would not say I had received a very good education at WHS.

Great school! My daughter and all her friends are headed off to top universities next year. As a parent I am very pleased with my daughter's education, and of course proud of my daughter's achievements.

Very impressed with the Wakefield school system. I am a mom with somewhat yuppie tendencies (with very high standards of education for my kids), and have not been disappointed.

I have raised 3 Wakefield High School graduates, and all have gone on to go to highly ranked private colleges where they have found much success. It really is a great school system and Wakefield is, in my opinion, perhaps the best town in MA to raise a family, and among the nicest in general.

I am a graduate of Wakefield High School and now attend a top private college. I am constantly impressed by how well I have been prepared for college; many kids here seem to crumble under the pressure! The atmosphere at WHS was great in that it seemed to be a place where students were able to gravitate toward their own interests... It didn't seem like certain groups got priority over others. For example, at WHS there was not really any favoritism toward athletes, or towards drama/art/music students, or towards tech/computer/TV students, or towards anyone. We were never really pressured to go in any particular direction. Based on what I've heard from friends from towns like Reading, that is a rare (and great) thing for that Wakefield has to offer.

Last modified Wakefield Memorial High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.