Posted September 12, 2013
My daughter is now in 5th grade and we've loved every year we spent at this school. It has a real strong community, excellent teachers and staff. This school taught her to love reading books and to be very creative. Also a great music program.

Posted August 26, 2013
I have had a great experience with the intergraded preschool at the Homser. Open communication is very important for me and the preschool teachers and staff have done a wonderful job in this area. They have treated my children like their own and it s so reassuring to have my children surround with people that truly care for them. We are going to be continuing with the Homser for kindergarten and I can only hope that we have the same experience.

Hosmer Elementary School 3

Posted October 19, 2012
Needs Some Improvement, Please: At a recent PTO meeting, the Principal noted *I like to be right*. I think avenues for school growth get closed off when the focus is on *right* answers; everyone gains when the Principal becomes a *learning* leader rather than a *needs to be right* administrator. Some additional aspects of the school deserve a fresh look: - Suggest building more diversity in staff: There's remarkable homogeneity in the teaching staff, with a lack of gender and ethnic diversity. By contrast, the aftershool program demonstrates remarkable diversity, and nearby private schools show better gender balance. -Approach to MCAS could move from excuses to higher aspirations: The Principal noted at the last PTO meeting that results are not really comparable year over year due to changes in the school population. While this could be true at the class level, it's not likely true at the grade level. She can target higher aspirations to get more gains. - Needs to learn approaches to treat parents as partners rather than outsiders: When problems occur in classrooms, they can be hidden, dismissed as individual events, or surfaced & improved. Let's see more of the latter, please.

Hosmer Elementary School 4

Posted January 24, 2011
The Early Steps preschool is really wonderful -- Excellent, warm and communicative teachers and aides, a cheerful facility with good outdoor space, and a straightforward program. Our son attended for a year and loved it -- plenty of projects, circle time, water play, everything you'd expect from a preschool at a fraction of the cost. My only hesitation centered on his classmates, many of whom were on IEPs and in need of English language instruction. It is the luck of the draw: Be prepared for children who are 4 and 5 and have big mental issues, from autism to serious behavioral troubles. The teachers do what they can but our son's class was a motley crew. Kids learn so much from their peers that we opted to take him elsewhere with no special needs kids. His behavior and manners has vastly improved since.

Hosmer Elementary School 0

Posted January 28, 2010
My son is in the preschool. I think it is a wonderful school and the teachers are fantastic. If you don't need the integrated school, it may not be for you.

Posted November 01, 2009
This school has exceeded my expectations. My child's teacher is extremely professional, and the curriculum is enriching. The PTO is very active and brings in lots of resources. Great facilities, well-stocked library, amazing after-school offerings (including Chinese and French language instruction, nature detectives, and drama). Every day of the week my son has either music, art, gym, library or computers.

Hosmer Elementary School 4

Posted April 20, 2009
I have been very impressed with this school. My child's teacher has blown me away. I feel like the school does an excellent job at communicating with me on what is going on. I feel like I can contact my child's teacher at anytime if I have any problems. The co-principals are so friendly and so involved with getting the know each and every child by name along withtheir parents name. I highly recommend this school to others.

Posted February 03, 2008

Hosmer Elementary School 3

Posted January 14, 2008

Hosmer Elementary School
1 Concord Rd, Watertown, MA  02472
Last modified Hosmer Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hosmer Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.