Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Agree

We have had very little homework. Our teacher gives us 15 minutes of reading anything a night and 1 math sheet. There is no homework on weekends. It has been just right thus far, but I hope and believe there is more constructive work in the 4th and 5th grades.

Develops character: Agree

They have a wonderful program teaching empathy and raising awareness on behavior, sensitivity, honesty, etc... which is well integrated in the curriculum. They kids discuss in morning meeting, or circle time, and as they get older skits and other performances.

My child has been in Claypit for three years. It's a terrific school. His teachers have been firm but loving. They are creative and fun in their approach to teaching, and the classrooms always seem quiet and productive. When my child voices hurt feelings, the teachers have been actively involved in resolving the issues. The impressive test results speak to their success. I have not given the school a 5 star rating because of the Arts and the new Principal. Wayland's music program has received awards and rave reviews but I have not been impressed thus far. Additionally, the studio art is subpar. The Principal is new so I'm giving her a pass but she is certainly not as endearing as the past one.

I hated my experience here and I was bullied. I really wish I had a better experience there. Children be warned

We moved from Norwood to Wayland and our son attends Claypit (This is his 2nd year). Teachers are incredible! They are creative and very involved. The principal and the administrators are very reponsive and kindly helpful. Very big, helpful community with regards to sports, events, parties etc... I work full time but other parents generously help me get my son to and from activities and birthday parties (Otherwise he wouldn't be able to go.) My son loves school and he learns - I mean REALLY learns. This school cares about every member of the community and deserves great kudos. This school provides an unbeatable educational and social experience for students and families. Positive, positive, positive!

Last modified Claypit Hill School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.