Posted March 23, 2012
I attended Holy Name from grade 1 to 6, leaving in 1984. I had some excellent teachers, good discipline, and lots of opportunity to learn how to learn and express my creativity. At the same time, I will acknowledge that my participation in the Holy Name Marching band was probably the most influential activity that shaped my future. I went on to Boston Latin, marched in the Boston Crusaders Drum & Bugle Corps, graduated with an engineering degree from the University of Pennsylvania and I now reside in Mumbai, India. I am very grateful to the education I received at Holy Name. I do hope that the current school administration feels just as inspired to motivate the next generation.

Posted September 01, 2010
Very expensive for a private school. Good location. The curriculum could be expanded on and the teachers to have a more open mind about science and natural history.

Posted July 10, 2009
My 8 nieces and nephews attended this school and all went to private junior high and high schools. All have done well, and are independent thinkers. This comes from the home as well. My siblings considered this money well spent. Four are in very good colleges (Bentley, St Anslems, Bryant & Holy Cross) and the other four are in Ursuline, Roxbury Latin and Latin Academy. Can only hope that they continue to do well.

Posted September 28, 2008

Holy Name Elementary School 0

Posted January 30, 2008
The basic education is what you will get. Some of the staff are the best you will find.

Posted November 30, 2007

Posted August 08, 2007
Great school , good teachers , & made my son into a weal rounde man

Holy Name Elementary School 0

Posted August 03, 2007
I rec'd an excellent grounding at Holy Name & went on to academic success at Latin & college.

Posted July 20, 2007

Holy Name Elementary School 1

Posted April 28, 2007
This school relies on memorization, route learning and 'teaching to the middle'. There is little creativity, writing, critical thinking or analysis required of students. My son attended for grades K-6 and got straight A+ marks all the way through (with minimal effort). He tested into Boston Latin and almost flunked out. He could not write, he could not think critically, he could not analyze things, it was a shock to learn how far behind he was. Many Holy Name students end up flunking out of more elite exam and private schools. Don't waste your money here, you will regret it.

Holy Name Elementary School
535 West Roxbury Parkway, West Roxbury, MA  02132
Last modified Holy Name Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Holy Name Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top