PK-3 & Ungraded
West Roxbury, MA

Posted February 12, 2012
I am a 61 year old lawyer, who visited the school last year to speak to a class about the U.S. Constitution. The school set-up was very impressive and the children I met were bright and extremely well behaved. The school is a perfect size and the administration and teaching staff were all involved in the day's special program. My children went to Wellesley elementary schools and then Dana Hall and Portsmouth Abbey boarding school. However, I would send my children to this school and I believe those children and parents who are able to do so are extremely fortunate.

Posted March 21, 2008
pretty good wen it comes to education... wish it gave more feild trips tho!

Posted May 14, 2005
The Beethovan staff is exceptional and an asset to our diverse community. The school has excelled under the guidance of the leadership of Ms. Nash since her appointment and will continue to do so in the coming years. My daughter has flourished in the instrument music program offered at the Beethovan. Lauren Lundin

Posted May 13, 2005
I do not know where the bad review came from with George Canoodle. My daughter is a K2 student at the Beethoven and I have never witnessed any security issues. I am very comfortable with my childs safety and the safety of all the students in their care. Mrs Nash runs a very tight secure school and all the members of the staff follow in her footsteps. If you are late you need to be buzzed in you are signed in at the office and a staff member brings the children to their classroom. I have no issues with their security and would gladly field any questions regarding the obvious error made.

Posted May 13, 2005
I am a very proud parent of the Beethoven school. I have never encountered any serious security issues there. It is unfortunate that 'Georgie Canoodle'experienced something that none of us here have experienced. The Beethoven has a high parent and teacher involvement and if there were any issues that concerned our childrens' safety you can believe we all would do everything we could to fix any existing problems. I am very confident in knowing that my child is not only in a school that cares about her education but her safety as well. I've never been in a school were the principal is always available. She's there in the morning to greet the children and parents and she is there to assist with dismissal. She is a principal who cares about making herself available to her school community. I am proud to be a parent of the Beethoven School. Magalie Neff

Posted May 09, 2005
The Beethoven is a great up-and-coming school. I'm not sure which school 'Georgie Cadoodle' is referring to in an earlier post. The Beethoven staff run a tight ship. I entrust them with my child with the knowledge she is in a safe environment. I think it's in part why kids flourish there. I am yet to meet a Beethoven parent that didn't feel the same. As an actual Beethoven student parent, I would be happy field inquiries regarding the school.

Posted May 09, 2005
My daughter is in K2. I love this school! The teachers and the principal are great, have great goals and a clear vision for the school. They encourage and support parent participation and input, and are accessible and friendly. The staff are on the ball, know all the children (and their families!) and create a nurturing environment. And if there are disclipline issues (as there are in my daughter's class), the staff deals with the issue quickly and effectively, and keeps all parents who wish to know in the loop. Though the child with issues is not mine, I appreciate a school which works with managing and resolving problem behavior so the child can learn. We gave up a scholarship to a prestigious private school to attend the Beethoven, and have no regrets about our choice. We love the school and think it is a hidden gem in the BPS system!

Beethoven Elementary School 2

Posted January 18, 2005
This school has some serious security issues, and I would not send my child there again.

Beethoven Elementary School