Posted June 17, 2014
My child is a first grader at this school, and has experienced wonderful growth this year, both academically and socially. She loves going to school and runs happily into the school every day. I couldn't be more thrilled with the loving learning environment she has had this year!

Kilmer K-8 School 2

Posted May 24, 2014
I believe this school is over rated. My oldest child had an IEP his accommodations were minimal and the school could barely provide the services . When I moved to West Roxbury all I heard was get your kids into the Kilmer or Lyndon and finally after years of being on a wait list my kids got in and I must say it was very disappointing. Lots of other schools in Boston are the same and even better then the Kilmer. I believe main stream kids do fine but kids with IEP's suffer.

Kilmer K-8 School 2

Posted May 24, 2014
I only attended the Kilmer for 7th and 8th grade before that I attended the Rogers middle school. I had way more assistance at the Rogers then the Kilmer. As a student I can tell you the Kilmer is not all it's cracked up to be. Every student in my class was miserable only a few of the teachers actually cared. I always enjoyed school until I went there. It was a long two years. The new not so new principal could have cared less how the students felt. My mom would contact her and never get a response our meetings with the school were a joke. I actually feel sorry for the parents who are brainwashed into thinking this is the best place for their kids .

Kilmer K-8 School 3

Posted February 28, 2014
New prinicpal, does not return calls, e-mails or comment on any concerns. Teachers are good, but if a child is falling behind, there is no help available, nor do they notify the parents, untill the report cards are issued. They focus totally on the MCAS to ensure the school looks good in the ratings...

Kilmer K-8 School 3

Posted November 30, 2013
My School Is A Great School. My School Can Improve By Helping Students Succeed In Classes & Get Honor Roll. Most Teachers Help Their Students Some Don't . Other Than That , Bring Your Child Here ! He/She Will Have Fun ! - 8th Grader , Class Of 2014 .

Kilmer K-8 School 1

Posted March 16, 2008

Kilmer K-8 School 4

Posted March 13, 2008

Posted February 08, 2008
I am a parent of a 4th grader and a 1st grader and I cannot say enough good things about the excellent education my children are experiencing at the Joyce Kilmer School. As a member Of the School Parent Council I am aware of the budgetary challenges which seem to increase year after year. The Kilmer also has the additional challenge of being an expanding school, from an Elementary K to 5 to a K to 8. I value the great Joyce Kilmer community that I have enjoyed over the 5 years we have attended this school We as parents must realize that the high level of education we now enjoy will not continue without the continued dedication and commitment of parent volunteers.

Posted November 20, 2007
I'm a former student who moved to another town.The Joyce Kilmer School is a great school and all the people there treat you so well.If I would rate that school I'd give it a 10 from 1-10.Joyce Kilmer School Rocks and Rules!

Kilmer K-8 School 1

Posted June 27, 2006

Kilmer K-8 School
35 Baker St, West Roxbury, MA  02132
Last modified Kilmer K-8 School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kilmer K-8 School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.