West Springfield, MA
Students enrolled: 1,219

Posted October 03, 2009
It works hard to handle all children that enter its cordoors. They do what ever they can to make life better and watch over the children that attend this school. The school is in need of renovations. They do not have air conditioning and it is needed in the Spring and Summer months. Giving tthis school Money to renovate would help to brighten up the day for the students and the teachers and everyone that is employed at the schoool.

West Springfield High School 4

Posted March 11, 2009
I am currently attending this school and I personally think it is a great school, with lots of extacurricular activities and classes to choose from, so, as long the students are willing to work hard, they will definitely succeed at this school. The teachers and staff are dedicated to the school and the students. Yes, the school could be in a better condition, but I actually enjoy going to school every morning and I know the school is giving me great opportunities to succeed later in life.

Posted February 23, 2009
I am not happy with this school, 6 of our 7 children have attended there 3 already drop out to get a GED and the others are asking to be transfer to another school, they have a lot of empathy for certain racial group and the rest are very well ignored and push to the side.

West Springfield High School 5

Posted November 23, 2008
The adults in this building work to fix the problems students have. The building is a dump however.

West Springfield High School 2

Posted November 07, 2007
I graduated from WSHS in 2003, and while I have done well, it is not because I went to WSHS! The building is antiquated, the faculty is in shambles, and the administration ridiculous. However, the local private high schools aren't much better. If you and your child are prepared to work hard and do for yourselves what the school won't, then you should be fine.

West Springfield High School 4

Posted May 30, 2007
my child goes to this school and it is one of the best schools in town. She stays after for extra help whenever she needs it and the teachers are always pushing her to do better. The principle is also involved in what the kids do afterschool and tells them that they should stay after and play sports and get the help they need. She gets good grades and her teachers are always there to help anyone they can.

West Springfield High School 1

Posted February 08, 2007
I also dislike this school. Although my child currently attends the school, I will strongly consider a transfer. I'm afraid my child won't get the adequate education he needs for college. The faculty is in shambles and are clearly disorganized with student files. They lose doctor notes and don't focus on academics. And the architecture of the building is a story within itself. I certainly hope the town fixes their high school.

West Springfield High School 1

Posted January 10, 2007
Not happy at all with this school. I have two children who have attended this school. I have found thier academics to be lacking. They dont push for excellence unless the child is in honors or AP classes. There dress code is non existant or not enforced. The music program lacks the leadership to attract students. This year they cancelled the band trip due to lack of interest. Although they have many sports programs I found that only the best players get playing time and the average players spend close to the whole season on the bench. The coaches attitude is win at all costs. Scheduled a parent teacher conference and the teacher didnt bother to attend or to call and cancel in advance. My child will definately NOT be attending this school next year.

425 Piper Road, West Springfield, MA  01089
Last modified West Springfield High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Springfield High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top