9-12 & Ungraded
Westfield, MA
Students enrolled: 1,514

Posted November 10, 2014
I was a student here and I wish that i dropped out than to have graduated here like i did. The staff and principles have no care whatsoever for their students and even go as far as threaten them to get their way. Threats such as suspension because I have different beliefs. I've recieved death threats from students and the staff don't listen ignore me like im trouble. Some even go out of their way to find something to blame you if they do not like you like they did me and i was the type of student to keep out of trouble! If i could do anything it would be to shut down this school or to permanently make the staff and principle lose their jobs and get actual people fit enough for the job and to do it correctly.

Posted October 21, 2013
district has a terrible new HS principal that chooses to lead by fear, humiliation, inconsistency and intimidation. He is condescending to parents and makes a public mockery if they ask a question by humiliating them (I can only imagine how a student feels if this type of treatment is inflicted upon the IN FRONT OF THEIR PEERS, egregious!!). Most of the PTO is just a bunch of kids in grown up bodies holding on to their 7th grade click in which most have never lived beyond a 5 mile radius of Westfield, never open to new members with fresh ideas and I have never seen any of them welcome new families ATTENTION PTO : YOU DO NOT LIVE IN BEVERLY HILLS AND YOU ARE NOT BETTER THAN ANYONE IN THIS LOVELY TOWN. GET OVER YOURSELVES! the superintendent is full of avoidance refuses to deal with specific ongoing issues and conveniently scoots out of meetings before they end so NO ONE can talk to her.enough with the half days and days off during the year. IT IS HUGE IMPACT ON FAMILIES SCHEDULES AND WALLET, IF YOU CAN'T ORGANIZE YOUR SELF BETTER, DO IT ON A SATURDAY LIKE MOST OF THE BUSINESSES ACROSS THIS COUNTRY.

Posted July 22, 2013
If there was zero star rating, I would rate this school a zero. What they call special education is really a dumping ground for any and every student who is a problem. They lump actual students with learning disabilities with behavioral problem students. Add to this a large bulling problem, chewing tobacco spit all over the stair wells, fights and lewd public displays of affection and you have a very underperformed school. Also there is an extreme lack of communication between home and school.

Westfield High School 4

Posted March 16, 2013
Many AP and Honors courses to choose from. If you take the hardest courses offered and work hard you can get into any college from Westfield High. One of my sons was accepted to Bowdoin this year, and we have friends whose kids have been accepted to (Ivy League) U Penn, also Hamilton, Colgate, and Boston College. Some great teachers, AP courses are difficult, and great sports teams. The school itself is a little crowded, and it would be nice to have a new school, but there are many very bright kids going there, and my kids have really enjoyed their time there.

Posted February 07, 2013
I am a mother of two kids that attended this school. My son dropped out. The drop out rate is Huge for this school! My daughter, now in 10th grade was thinking about dropping out until I decided to drive her myself to Springfield every day. She's doing so much better in Springfield. Westfield High does Not care about the kids with any kind of learning disability. Both my kids have ADHD and the only way that Westfield deals with these kids is by Not dealing with them! They just stick them in room "139"! They put all the kids with disabilities together in room 139! So my daughter was stuck in room 139 with kids with severe mental disabilites. Not fair because she was set up for failure being in that room because she couldn't concentrate. There is a Huge Drop out Rate! I know of Sooo many kids personally that have dropped out!! Also, there Is a Huge Drug problem at this school! Westfield doesn't care about the students, they are sweeping it under the rug to save face and is refusing to address these issues!! For the most part, the staff is extremely grouchy. This school has Serious Issues that Need to be addressed!! We are Extremely Disappointed with Westfield schools!! :(

Posted December 11, 2012
Why is it when students are bullied day after day at Westfield High the School Administration never does nothing to correct the problems, Students can make complaints about being bullied and nothing at all gets done till its to late.

Posted November 29, 2012
I was a student in WHS I did not like it. there where some teachers that hatted kids. they were mean and grumpy everyday. Also this school does not prepare for college. when i got to college it was a big difference. In WHS i never studied and got good grades but in college i had to learn to study. This school had old computers that took forever to work. they were old macs and windows 98. USB did not work so all teh work had to be saved on floppy if we wanted to do a PowerPoint. it took me forever to find one. This school is really poor. Some of the teachers were good but some where weird.

Westfield High School 0

Posted October 20, 2009
This school should be ashamed. I would love if this school district would stop touting the MA MCASA levels. They are NOT contributing to the success of these numbers. The lack of a quality education in this town is criminal, every last one of these officials should be fired, because they have no idea what a good education is, this is the 21st century....get with the times!

Westfield High School 5

Posted August 23, 2009
I just graduated and I loved whs although a bigger budget would hav been helpful

Posted May 25, 2009
I am a parent of a student and a prior student myself...when I attended, most of the teachers actually cared about the students...now my daughter comes home telling me how the topic of the class is rarely discussed and if it is it isn't for a significant amount of time before the teachers talk about 'not so important' things...how are they supposed to learn and pass a class if they are off topic more than they are on? I think a little free time in a class is fine but not most of the class on a regular basis. Teachers are underpaid and it's our kids who are hurting the most. This school is very sports involved and centers itself around its sports rather than studies.

Westfield High School
177 Montgomery Rd, Westfield, MA  01085
Last modified Westfield High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westfield High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top