Westfield, MA

Posted October 29, 2014
White Oak School in Westfield, MA. This is a great school. The teachers are amazing, they excel at handling very difficult students with a broad range of learning disabilities. My son was angry, hurt, and had fallen through the cracks at other schools, he recently graduated from White Oak and is in college. White Oak saved him literally from suicide. I find it amazing that there are those who are critical about the achievements of this school. I know hundreds of kids that they have helped.

White Oak School 2

Posted August 30, 2014
I would not send my dog here, they call them selfs a college prep school, no text books given to students, the tuition is almost 38000.00 and a student gets copies of work on paper what kind of college prep is this, a half fast sports program through a rec department, what are people paying for the students have no chance at a sports scholarship and don't even graduate at grade level, I would love to hear from students that went off to college and how far and the difficulties they had in college after leaving White Oak. The principle must be able to afford expensive suits with the money he receives, because the tuition money certainly is not going towards the students education, how sad is this compare to a public school White Oak is no better!! Need I say more!!

White Oak School

Posted August 09, 2009
This so called school was teaching nothing, I am so happy that my parents did what they had to do to get me out of there. The school has been going down hill for years. As someone already said, the school does not want to hear anything negative. Because of there lack of effort, I had to go back to public school, and I will say it was a lot better then being tough nothing!

Posted October 23, 2008
Our son would have fallen through the cracks without White Oak School. We have commuted from out of state these past four years in order to get him to the best possible school, White Oak. According to a recent professional, outside (and expensive) evaluation, he has 'made a number of gains during these years, and has compensated to great extent for his language based learning disability and dyslexia...He is well within average range of expectancies for his age and grade level, and should perform well in college.' These have been among the best educational dollars we have spent! The staff is dedicated and very knowledgeable, and they are constantly reviewing the latest research on teaching and reaching this unique population of wonderful students. If your child suffers from the plight of a language-based learning disability, or dyslexia, call them right away and go for a visit.

White Oak School 1

Posted June 03, 2008
This quality of some of the teachers at this school has greatly degraded. Its unfortunate for the mainly wonderful teachers. The administration is not interested in hearing anything negative. Some of the teachers are very immature and unprofessional. The quality of the education is only fair. They do not do Wilson but 'Lets Read' which isn't as good in my eyes.

White Oak School 1

Posted March 03, 2007
I have talked with many parents and some teachers about this school, I am disappointed with the lack of academic s as the person before had said. My son went to the school for about 6 or 7 years, when he reached 10th grade we took him out of the school system. A few reasons were, His father and I had him tested for grade level and his level was of an 8th grader. The school was teaching nothing!!

White Oak School 3

Posted January 09, 2006
I'm dissapointed with the lack of acedmic quality, professionalism and individual educational goals. My child has been in an intensive language based program for over 8yrs. Learned stratagies that were suppose to be followed through to the high school level.This is not the case. In addition, children with this profile require 'great' emotional/social support. This component was not addressed.My 11th grader felt that some of the teachers were more inmature than the students.This student does not know who Emily Dickinson or Edger Allen Poe are,question frameworks. Standard annual grade level of testing was completed upon admission and yearly, results documented indicate that this student was performing at a higher level upon entry oppose to the the exit level today. Red Flag. This student is longer attended this program. Little progress was noted in a two year span. Many students do well, however be weary and advocate! It's your childs future!

Posted October 30, 2003
It is amazing to see just what an enormous improvement my child has made in her educational development in these past two years. White Oak has opened both her mind and her spirit, and provided her with a heightened sense of self-worth and achievement that she otherwise could not achieve in a regular public school.

White Oak School