Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Forced into classes. Then told if you do not pay for the classes you can not graduate. Administration doesn't listen to the students or parents concerns and does whatever makes them look good. However it is a valuable experience to be able to have a technical area and have a greater understanding of current society. Most of the teachers are great and you sometimes get extraordinary teachers but those teachers normally get fired after 2-3 years so the school doesn't have to pay them more or they quit because they realize how bad of a school it really is.

A lot of the staff are pretty rude. If it's not their day, it's not your's either. The food served in the cafeteria was almost inedible, really couldn't get myself to eat the food offered, not even once. Higher quality fresh food would lead to higher productivity in the classroom. As far as the technical areas go a lot of them are definitely underfunded, which is surprising seeing a new football field and tennis court has been installed. The school gave our shop no support, we were treated sometimes as if we didn't exist. The instructors the school hired for my technical area in my four years were very unprofessional and disrespectful. Half the time no curriculum was prepared for our shop, this led to students going off task and getting into trouble which could have been avoided if they were given something to do. Our room was way too small for the amount of students we had in our classroom. I would not recommend going to Nashoba Tech if you are interested in their Programming & Web class. The shop lacks the technology needed to do anything productive. I would recommend Nashoba shut down the technical program to avoid further embarrassment. If I could sum up Nashoba Valley Technical High School based on my experience I would say it's a technical school that focuses more on academics rather than learning a trade. I have not left Nashoba with the knowledge to obtain a job in my field. Based on my current skill set no one would hire me. I took every opportunity there was to advance myself but was not taken seriously. Not harping on the past here I have totally moved on, I'm simply warning you future students who are thinking about attending this school. There Culinary and Auto-Body programs are really good I'll give them that.

The principal sets a tone for the whole school; this principal is ill informed and direspectful about mental health challenges that many teens face today. There are no peer support groups or advocacy. Our son continues to suffer at her hands. We are looking for a new school.

Great school, teachers who care about the students, and Mr Ricard and his administration do a great job..... best of all my Son will come out of High School with a head start toward a career, very fortunate to have a Technical center as great as Nashoba

Good for kids that have a passion or skill. The Dean is Sargent Carter. Many great teachers.

Last modified Nashoba Valley Technical High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.