PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

The children are encouraged to follow a strict code of conduct and they all learn to help each other and their community.

We have always received a high level of education and faculty involvement over the last 15 years.

I love this school!!! From the day my oldest son started here, we have felt at home. The principal, teachers and staff are very supportive and the students, parents and families are so welcoming. The academic programs are strong and our national test scores show it! I have been so pleased with my children's academic progress and how each of them are challenged to do their personal best. In addition the school offers many fun and educational extracurricular activities such as drama, band, First Lego Robotics Team, Cub Scouts, an environmental club, boys and girls basketball teams, a run club, and a fashion design club. The parents and parishioners are involved and always willing to share their talents. This school is like a family.

I have one child who is currently enrolled and another who has graduated from Saint Jerome School. We have been thrilled with our experiences at the school. It has been a secure environment for our children where they have thrived. It has provided them with a top notch education as well as helped them to develop socially into conscientious young adults. This is something I feel is lacking in most other academic environments. The cost of tuition has been worth every dime! My oldest daughter has continued onto a private high school. Here she was placed in honors classes (including science, math and history) . She was so well prepared, the transition was easy for her and she has had continued success. She has been taught the skills needed for success at Saint Jerome School. THANK YOU to all the teachers and staff for their dedication to our students and the school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school fosters an environment of goodwill, generosity, integrity and kindness. Most of this is because of the catholic values that it instills in the students as well as the overall community.

I am a parent of three children who all attended St. Jerome School. I am so proud to be a St. Jerome parent. Two of my children have graduated and gone on to attend and excel in private high schools. The education they all received at St. Jerome is exceptional. They tested very well in their high school entrance exams and were very well prepared for all subjects, including both English and Math. The school has always pushed technology to support the educational experience. All the class rooms have smart boards, and the middle school students have iPads. In addition, they have many other specialists to round out the education. They include, Latin, Spanish, Computers, Computer Programming, Music, Art, Gym and Band. The school also has both girls and boys basketball teams for the middle school students. The school is faith based and it truly lives by that standard. Each month, the students donate to a charity, in return they are allowed to dress down for the day. One of the most special attributes of the school is that the older children help the younger children through lunch and during their attendance at Mass. This creates an environment of empathy and kindness. I am so happy that my husband and I made the decision 15 years ago to have my oldest son attend St. Jerome School. We have never regretted the decision, not once in the last 15 years.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We are so lucky to have such devoted teachers. Their goals are to ensure that the children are well educated. They support the kids by meeting before and after school if necessary to ensure they can achieve their best.

Amount of homework: Agree

I believe that the students are given enough homework to reinforce the lessons taught in the classroom. Its is used to help the students not to be punitive.

I am a parent of 3 children who attend St Jerome school. My oldest will be sadly graduating from there next spring. She has had the most positive experience as have all 3 of my kids. The education which we sacrifice a lot to pay for is worth every penny. Our children thrive there and are taught not only the important subjects but also lessons on life. They teach them to do what's right and they have strong morals and a great foundation for life. They are also in the 90 % for most subjects compared to kids across the Nation! I believe that because St Jerome is a catholic school and they really live the mission that they teach, that this school excels in being the best example for you child in his or her formative years. The principal in fact was a teacher for 3 decades at St Jerome before becoming principal. She is so enthusiastic. Her energy is so positive. She treats the students with such care and kindness all the while keeping order and being a great disciplinarian. I cannot say enough about what a positive role model she is. Now, as far as the parents of this school, I have found them so welcoming and because of our small community we have made many life long friends. My children have formed such bonds with their friends at this school that it makes it difficult for them to leave. Every year at graduation, there is not a dry eye in the house. This speaks volumes. I cannot tell you enough good things about this school. I give 4 stars! and I am happy to give this review.

I just wanted to say how impressed I am with how welcoming this school is. Over the last few years, I have seen several kids switch to Saint Jerome's from other schools where they were being picked on, left out or even bullied. These children have been embraced into the SJS family. The other students have emulated the Christian behavior that their teachers model in accepting and befriending these students, who in many cases have social issues that make it hard for them to fit in in a larger school. As a person who volunteers a lot at the school and in the classrooms, I have personally witnessed these students thriving in the Saint Jerome's environment. The model of older students helping out younger students through being Mass buddies, peer tutoring, reading buddies, recess and lunch buddies - helps the whole student body to learn patience, empathy and respect for each other. The addition of rosary and Stations of the Cross clubs this year has only enhanced the loving spiritual environment that is St Jerome School.

Last modified St Jerome Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8