Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 02, 2015
This school has a very strong academic program and they encourage every student to do their personal best.

Posted June 02, 2015
I love this school!!! From the day my oldest son started here, we have felt at home. The principal, teachers and staff are very supportive and the students, parents and families are so welcoming. The academic programs are strong and our national test scores show it! I have been so pleased with my children's academic progress and how each of them are challenged to do their personal best. In addition the school offers many fun and educational extracurricular activities such as drama, band, First Lego Robotics Team, Cub Scouts, an environmental club, boys and girls basketball teams, a run club, and a fashion design club. The parents and parishioners are involved and always willing to share their talents. This school is like a family.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 02, 2015
I love that they match older and younger students together, so that the older students can assist and guide the younger one and provide good role models. The school also provides an opportunity each month for the students to donate to a different charity. They encourage the students to think about the needs of others.

Posted June 02, 2015
I have one child who is currently enrolled and another who has graduated from Saint Jerome School. We have been thrilled with our experiences at the school. It has been a secure environment for our children where they have thrived. It has provided them with a top notch education as well as helped them to develop socially into conscientious young adults. This is something I feel is lacking in most other academic environments. The cost of tuition has been worth every dime! My oldest daughter has continued onto a private high school. Here she was placed in honors classes (including science, math and history) . She was so well prepared, the transition was easy for her and she has had continued success. She has been taught the skills needed for success at Saint Jerome School. THANK YOU to all the teachers and staff for their dedication to our students and the school.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 02, 2015
The school fosters an environment of goodwill, generosity, integrity and kindness. Most of this is because of the catholic values that it instills in the students as well as the overall community.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 01, 2015
All students are held to the honor code. They hold honesty and respect high on the list of values that all who work and go to school live by.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 01, 2015
The older students interact with the younger students, which truly creates a family-like environment where everyone watches out for each other.

Posted June 01, 2015
I am a parent of three children who all attended St. Jerome School. I am so proud to be a St. Jerome parent. Two of my children have graduated and gone on to attend and excel in private high schools. The education they all received at St. Jerome is exceptional. They tested very well in their high school entrance exams and were very well prepared for all subjects, including both English and Math. The school has always pushed technology to support the educational experience. All the class rooms have smart boards, and the middle school students have iPads. In addition, they have many other specialists to round out the education. They include, Latin, Spanish, Computers, Computer Programming, Music, Art, Gym and Band. The school also has both girls and boys basketball teams for the middle school students. The school is faith based and it truly lives by that standard. Each month, the students donate to a charity, in return they are allowed to dress down for the day. One of the most special attributes of the school is that the older children help the younger children through lunch and during their attendance at Mass. This creates an environment of empathy and kindness. I am so happy that my husband and I made the decision 15 years ago to have my oldest son attend St. Jerome School. We have never regretted the decision, not once in the last 15 years.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 01, 2015
We are so lucky to have such devoted teachers. Their goals are to ensure that the children are well educated. They support the kids by meeting before and after school if necessary to ensure they can achieve their best.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 01, 2015
I believe that the students are given enough homework to reinforce the lessons taught in the classroom. Its is used to help the students not to be punitive.

598 Bridge Street, Weymouth, MA  02191
Last modified St Jerome Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Jerome Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top