St Jerome Elementary School 1

Posted February 23, 2015
A year ago this day I pulled my daughter out of SJS because she was being bullied by her teacher. Dozens of families have left SJS over several years for this reason. Filed a bully complaint with the school. The principal IGNORED it for two months. Replied after I hand delivered letters to the rectory for the School Board. Yet principal hid them never distributed them. Principal s written reply was teacher was NOT a bully, just had a caustic or abrasive teaching style. Didn't follow policy, interviewed teacher only - not victim or witnesses. My daughter & prior students are in therapy because of this teaching style . MULTIPLE complaints filed prior, ignored by all administrators of the school. Safe house for bullies and deceitful leaders. This is my second child bullied here. Do your homework BEFORE being risking your child's well being.
22 people found this helpful

Posted February 22, 2015
Shared with me in a note from a parent... Kudos go to the staff of the Extended Day program at Saint Jerome. The teachers in the school and the staff who work in the Extended Day are amazing! They are always smiling when they greet my daughter in the morning and are still smiling when we pick up at 6pm! There are so many fun things to do including outdoor time and use of the gym for activities. The crafts, science experiments and general FUN make it easier for me knowing she is well-cared for and happy to be there. She told me the other day, "one of my friends comes to Extended Day because we told her how much fun it is!" Guess that says it all!
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 03, 2015
In addition to Saint Jerome School's commitment to academic excellence, strong faith, and service to others, I am impressed with the "can do" culture. If there is an idea from the community to enrich the learning experience of the students, then the support and energy exist to make it happen. For example, the day before the 250th Anniversary of John and Abigail Adams' Wedding was to be reenacted, Mrs. Puleo, the principal, learned that two classes could attend. Parents and teachers mobilized so that grades 3 and 8 could go to the church and experience a living history moment. Over the past month alone, students have been treated to presentations from a NASA astronaut and a former MA state senator. All events happened because of the connections and ideas brought to the school from parents and parishioners and the receptiveness of the administration. I love that these alternative opportunities of learning exist!

Posted January 28, 2015
My son is in the new K-0 class. This is an outstanding school. We love Mrs. Puleo, the principal, she is the best principal we have ever met, and that is saying a lot as my mother was a teacher. We like the structure and their commitment to academics. All of the students last year did well above average on test scores and got into the high schools they wanted. From the Christmas show to the Veteran's Day show to everything before and after, this is an incredibly active and engaging environment.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 27, 2015
My daughter is so excited to be in the upcoming production of "Seussical Jr." May 8th and May 9th 2015! SJS has such dedicated staff who are so concerned with both the academic excellence and non-scholastic activities as well. My son, who went to St. Jerome School for 8 years graduated last year and received merit scholarships and offers for admission to various high schools...BC High, Xaverian, AWHS, etc... My daughter has been at SJS since Kindergarten and is now in 6th grade. My children have been challenged both academically and spiritually and have participated in many of the extra-curricular activities offered at SJS such as Drama, ELF, The Honor Band Program, basketball, art, and Lego Robotics. Our Lego Robotics Team won several years in a row and made it to the State Competition at WPI!....What an accomplishment! We are extremely satisfied with the education and overall concern and care that our children have been afforded at St. Jerome School. Thanks to all of the devoted and hard-working teachers, staff, and volunteers at St. Jerome School!!!
3 people found this helpful

St Jerome Elementary School 1

Posted November 19, 2014
This school is not for everybody! High teacher turnover and majority of teaching staff is under trained and very much behind the times in dealing with the kids and issues of today such as bullying. We found it a very bad environment, especially for boys. There was little positive reinforcement and all discipline and teaching styles are punishment based. Switched to public and found the education was behind at this school in every subject. We found much better resources and kinder, highly trained teachers in public. Saving tuition for college! I have thanked God every day that I pulled my kids from this school. 2012
13 people found this helpful

Posted June 13, 2014
Wow - I am very impressed with the level of academic success that Saint Jerome students have achieved! The curriculum is challenging (which is what I wanted for my children). The students' hard work pays off with acceptances to the high schools of their choice and impressive standardized test results. My daughter is in the 6th grade and we are very happy with all that she has accomplished this year. SJS knows how to challenge a student to be the best that he/she can be - academically and personally.

St Jerome Elementary School 3

Posted April 01, 2014
So far so good for my grand son! Like the administration, not thrilled w/the uniforms. The boys should not have to wear those horribly hot vests all year long, there is no air conditioning - that's not right.

Posted February 10, 2014
My son is a student in K2 at St Jerome. I am extremely satisfied with his academic growth and his development. The teachers are experienced & nurturing. Classrooms are technologically advanced, all with smart boards. Upperclass students are provided with iPads. Older students mentor & help the younger students. Remarkable sense of family & community. The testing scores this year for the school were outstanding. I would regret sending my son anywhere else.

Posted January 09, 2014
My son was diagnosed with a learning disability. St. Jerome addressed this issue in a positive, proactive way. As a result, my son Is exceeding expectations. The principal is a shining beacon who teaches the students to advocate for themselves in all aspects of their lives. In addition, the staff is dedicated and enthusiastic. We could not be more thrilled with the education our son is receiving.

St Jerome Elementary School
598 Bridge Street, Weymouth, MA  02191
Last modified St Jerome Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Jerome Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top