Posted June 22, 2014
This is an excellent school! It has done some changes over the years. Expanding the Kindergarden and Pre-K to have full days, having before and after school care and this year starting a 4 yr old program. They have weeded out some staff that were "performing" poorly and the new staff is great! The teachers I have found warm and welcoming to my children and me. The entire staff know everyone by name. A few years back one of the teachers became the new principle of our school after the previous one had retired. He is great. He has an open door policy for students and parents. He visit every classroom especially the early grades so the kids are comfortable with him if they need to talk. They do expect the student to work hard. But the teachers are there if the student need one on one help. The school offers many different activities beyond the classroom. For example running club, school basketball team, robotics, drama and band performances to name a few. They have an expert come in to address student and staff on all the types of bulling yearly. So bulling is never an issue here. Parents volunteering is good and is not required with your enrollment. My kids r now A from a C-.

St. Francis Xavier School 2

Posted July 18, 2011
my child came out of this school with very poor study skills and every time she tried to ask for extra help there was always a response as to how she was asking wrong. The upper gade teachers are just into there "A" students and everybody else is just there. The music dept is very clicky and they clearly have their favorites , if you choose to do lessons elsewhere your child will be excluded . There was many situations in which my child wanted to participated in things and was turned down, in a teaching atmosphere when is this ever acceptable especially when we are all paying the same tuition

St. Francis Xavier School 0

Posted March 06, 2009
I am currently a student at saint Francis Xavier school. I love having all of my close friends there with me. I have been going there since kindergarten and now I'm in 8th grade. I am very sad that i am graduating this year. For the first time they got a male teacher last year and now another one this year. I like having both boy and girl teachers because that is what most schools are. My friends that are not from my school sometimes make fun of me for going to saint francis and ask why i dont go to public school. Truth is i am happy were i am . Saint francis has a safe environment. The principal tries her hardest to make sure that we are never in any danger. We practice firedrills and code reds very often to make sure everyone noes wat to do

St. Francis Xavier School 0

Posted August 08, 2008
Saint Francis Xavier school is a great school. I am a student and have many great memories at this school. Many of the teachers are nice here. The school has a lot of spirit. The principal takes time to read each students report card with you. There is a wonderful basketball team too! If you need extra help the teachers are more than welcome to help you. Most students at other schools say they hate school, but actually I love it because I get to see my wonderful friends every day and all the teachers are so nice. I also fell I am in a safe environment. The things I think SFX needs to work on is having more fine arts. We have a small but good band and a dance team. Also we do not have Health class. I do not want to leave SFX when I graduate!

St. Francis Xavier School 4

Posted March 27, 2008

Posted July 16, 2007

St. Francis Xavier School 4

Posted November 26, 2006
- a former student
I went there from pre-k to sixth grade. For the most part, I absolutely loved it. I moved in sixth grade, and was sad when I had to. I don't know if anything has changed, but it is a very nice school. The teachers can be strict, but for good reason. The curriculum is a good level of difficulty, but not extremely challenging. Because of the small amount of students, it was great knowing everyone and growing up along with them. The teachers are very nice and understanding. Religion is strong here, and we really learn a lot about being Catholic. There are many fun dances adn events that go on throughout the year. Parents are very involved. It was a very good experience.

Posted July 30, 2006
St. Francis Xavier is a wonderful school! The 2005 school year was our first year at St. Francis, and previous teacher myself, I can tell you that the curriculum, and teachers were all wonderful! I was looking for a strong academic program when enrolling my son. I had screened many school sytems to find the right fit. My son was so happy here! He had a wonderful year, with a wonderful teacher. The school has a warm nurturing setting. I would higly recomend it to any parent!

St. Francis Xavier School 2

Posted June 24, 2006
Not very happy with St. Francis at all. Actually pulled my student out. Teacher quality very poor for a private school education.

St. Francis Xavier School
234 Pleasant Street, Weymouth, MA  02190
Last modified St. Francis Xavier School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Francis Xavier School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top