Posted April 05, 2014
I posted before, about my daughter, who was in grade 3. Since she started, my child's grades went way down. Not because she didn't apply herself or didn't care, but because the teacher and her teaching method. This teacher would teach a subject, and give the children one day to learn it.My child was left behind, I don't know if her teacher assumed she understood or she ignored her. But, her teacher was teaching her comprehension. My child was constantly getting the questions wrong. I went over comprehension with my child and asked how the teacher taught her. It made no sense! So, I taught my child a better way...my child nailed it. The teacher isn't explaining thing to the children they understand, rather easier for her. this teacher just seems to want to get her job done and get out. When my child brought her healthy lunch in, from home, the kids commented how gross it was that she ate healthy food. I could give way more examples, but this school just set a horrible example for my child! I took her out, last week, and put her back into her private school. She has all her friends back! She is happy! She is extremely happy! Toy Town doesn't care about your child or their future.

Toy Town Elementary School 5

Posted April 11, 2013
Toy Town Elementary My grandson attends Toy Town Elementary. I am thrilled to see him progress and prosper, because of Winchendon's school sytsem. I feel the teachers and staff are top notch. I feel they genuinely care about the education of all the children. The programs are excellent and am thankful my grandson(s) have the privilege to be educated by the teachers at the Winchendon Schools. A proud grandmother.

Posted March 18, 2013
The staff at this school is amazing. They care about the childrens' happiness and well being. Their academic success is also a top priotity. Students of all abilities are challenged and encouraged.

Posted October 03, 2012
There are many mean kids in this school, unfortunately the staff are not always aware of it. Unless you have a child who is very strong and vocal, your child might be getting quietly bullied. You have to be a very assertive parent in order to be listened to. If your child is well behaved and good academically, then he/she may very well be ignored because there are too many other children who fall behind and need attention. When you bring up a concern to the teachers or staff, they will more likely make you feel that it is your responsibility. Just be a very keen parent if you want your child to succeed in this school. About the PE teacher...my daughter was his student and he scared her so much. My daughter developed such a negative attitude towards PE and sports in general. She also developed a belief that she is no good in sports. Her self-esteem was affected very much. We as parents had to intervene. She does not go to that school anymore.

Toy Town Elementary School 3

Posted September 25, 2012
I agree with the parent who commented on the PE teacher. HE is very mean and yells @ the kids if they don't do it right the first time and is very vocal and can make kids cry without consoling them. As a proffessional he shouldn't be a PEBteacher but an Army recruiter. I mthink he should be evaluated and his peers need to listen to the parents who listen to their kids. Gym should be fun and a release for kids. Not to feal fear and not want to go to school on the days they have gym.

Posted September 25, 2011
Teachers there are wonderful. Both my kids were and are honor students. What I believe they need to work on is, how to return calls to parents when parents call them in regards to situations that have to do with their children. I have heard many posistive things about the teachers their, except for the gym coach. I believe that he needs to take anger management class or they need to hired someone else's that enjoys being around kids. He has yelled at the kids, make them cry and say unnecessary remarks/comments to them or about their class. So if your child is going there it is important to listen to your child when they come home and tell you things like that. I happen to be one of the parents that do call in and complain. Not only for my children but for other children and teachers there that he happens to bad mouth. My children loves it there but because of a situation like that, they tell me they don't want to attend the school there and want to move back to their old school! Till today the coach has not apologize to the students or the teacher! Other than this situation the teachers there take the time to get to know their students and focus on them. Very kind and helpful.

Posted March 21, 2011
My daughter has been going to winchendon schools since kindergarden, and she absolutley loves it here. The teachers are wonderful, she has been on the honor roll since 2nd grade. The town is great, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Toy Town Elementary School 3

Posted November 08, 2008
As a parent over the past two years I have seen that most of the emphasis is on training kids to take the MCAS. I feel they should be schooled in the basics and at a level that pushes them. Most of the classes are based on the overall ability of the class not the individual. I don't like the idea that the students are praised and penalized as a whole. If one student is good or bad they should be handled as an individual.

Posted September 08, 2008
Good small town school. Teachers are professional, and they try very hard.

Posted May 30, 2008

Toy Town Elementary School
175 Grove St, Winchendon, MA  01475
(978) 297-2005
Last modified Toy Town Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Toy Town Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.