No rating

St Mary's School

Private | PK-5

Living in Winchester

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $680,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,330.

Posted April 2, 2014

My daughter has attended St. Mary's for three years. The staff is caring and nuturing. She is getting a great education and making life-long friends. I am so glad I made the decision to send her to St. Mary's.

Posted January 27, 2014

St. Mary's in Winchester, MA has been and continues to be a great school for my son. What I especially appreciate is the attention devoted to public speaking, which is critical to success later in life. There are frequent opportunities for kids to engage in various kinds of public speaking from K though Grade 5. I notice a difference with my son. Academics are strong, especially writing/reading-related.

Posted December 3, 2012

St Mary's Winchester is a great school; there is a wonderful principal with strong school leadership, excellent teachers/staff and an involved community! I love that the school not only teaches academics but also teaches the children good values and kindness. Every child's birthday is recognized in front of the whole school and every child is made to feel special. Over and above the everyday subjects, the children also participate in library, music, art, computer, gym and Italian on a weekly basis. My daughter loves St. Mary's and I recommend it to everyone I know!

Posted November 29, 2012

. Mary's is a wonderful academic and nurturing environment! I have been here for 12 years and have seen the dedication of all the teachers and staff. They believe in instilling in their students morals and guiding them through example. Academically, they give each student the attention they need to succeed and believe in teaching the core subjects and stay with them until the student has mastered the subject. I have one child who is now in High School and I know that her beliefs, study habits and overall attitude is because of the foundation that she got at St. Mary's. She transition to middle school without an issue either academically or socially. My son is finishing this year and I know he is well prepared! This is the best decision I I made for my kids. I will miss it tremendously. I thank everyone for helping to mold my children into wonderful, falth-filled people.

Posted November 29, 2012

Great school with a robust curriculum and a very knowledgeable, professional, and dedicated staff. Originally, we thought of only using the pre-school however, seven years later we have a 4th and 1st grader. This school is a find.

Posted November 28, 2012

The greatest decision I have ever made for my children. St. Mary's prepared my children academically and morally, making them well rounded and truly caring children. I have one in the school presently and 2 who have moved on to public Middle School. They were well prepared for Middle School and transitioned without difficulty. The teachers are kind, caring and adapt to the children's learning styles. St. Mary's combines fun, family values and a commitment to learning. I would give 10 stars if it were an option!

Posted November 28, 2012

I love this school and would recommend it to anyone. It has a family atmosphere and each staff member genuinely cares about each individual child and their needs, whether they currently teach that child or ever have. They have gone above and beyond their teaching duties to be supportive of my children. These are the kind of people that make good schools great. We have experienced small class size with work that was challenging and rewarding to the students. Parents have varied opportunities to be involved which is helpful as everyone wants some level of involvement but may have other commitments as well. Two concerns I had before sending my children to Catholic school was diversity and a fear that the teaching of certain beliefs may border on intolerance. I cannot stress enough how wrong I was to be concerned about either of these things. From day one my kids have learned about Catholicism, they've learned to pray and to be kind and loving to everyone. This is not the Catholic school you remember. It is a place with strong academics, caring staff, with time to play, time to pray and time to learn. It is where well rounded, smart, kind children learn.

Posted February 22, 2010

Great school that many of my family members attended. The school was great at building character, confidence and providing an education that prepares kids for their next step in life. Outstanding school. Thank you.

Posted March 26, 2009

This school was the best decision I ever made for my children. They learned so much. The teachers are out of the box teachers. They were very kind and caring. Very family atmosphere. I am sorry my children cannot attend anymore. I wish it went beyond the fifth grade.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 11% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Boston

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

162 Washington Street