William P. Gorman/Fort Banks Elementary School 5

Posted April 28, 2009
Both my son and my daughter (with a learning disability) did great at this school. The teachers are extremely dedicated, and their test results showed it. It is a bright happy learning environment, and I would strongly recommend it to other parents considering moving to Winthrop.

William P. Gorman/Fort Banks Elementary School 0

Posted January 09, 2009
My son loved this school, and they did a great job with him. He entered as a special ed student, and left as one of the top kids in his class, needing no special ed at all. Obviously they know what they are doing when they get a chid with developmental delays here and they get them 'on tract' ASAP. The preschool program is top notch for kids with delays.

William P. Gorman/Fort Banks Elementary School 1

Posted May 31, 2006
The fact is there are many children that probably can do well, but the principal and superintendent of the schools do nothing to help the child achieve (I personally am ashamed of Winthrop Schools) and spend 7000. a year for my children to go to Immaculate Conception in Revere. I expect my children to be safe and happy in a school that cares about there children. They should do something about the teachers' bullying students...YES not the children, certain Teachers. I left the school because my children weren't learning anything that would show they would test well for. These children aren't and will not be ready....Sorry, it's just the facts.

William P. Gorman/Fort Banks Elementary School 3

Posted August 08, 2005

William P. Gorman/Fort Banks Elementary School 5

Posted August 07, 2005
WOW.. I couldn't disagree more with the last bad review. I am a stickler for good curriculum and I was so pleased with the Kindergarten curriculum at the school. My daughters teachers were very informative and they were very interactive with the children. They had a lot of projects and I heard a lot from her about the school. They had events for the kids AND even had events for the parents a few times throughout the year in the evening where pizza and childcare was provided. My daughter loves it at Fort Banks and so do I. I think perhaps it has improved??? I certainly haven't seen ANYTHING negative as of yet. Give it a try.. you may love it like I do (and I'm very very fussy). Thanks Mrs Hanlon and Mrs Donovan for teaching my baby!!!

William P. Gorman/Fort Banks Elementary School 1

Posted June 29, 2004
Do not send your child to school here. They do not have time for the child. And you have to run around trying to find out who's job it is to help you. No one in the Winthrop school system will help your child get a better education. They push your child thru because they can't not be bothered to take the time and help the children who need a little extra help. All Winthrop Schools are bad. After 10 years and my children still not getting the help they needed I took all my kids out and sent them to school else where they went from being a c or d student to straight A's. If you love your children don't send them to school in winthrop.

William P. Gorman/Fort Banks Elementary School
101 Kennedy Dr, Winthrop, MA  02152
Last modified William P. Gorman/Fort Banks Elementary School is a Public school
William P. Gorman/Fort Banks Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top