Bad
Good

Arthur T. Cummings Elementary School 1

Posted February 23, 2014
When i went here i had absolutely HORRIBLE experience. One of the 3rd grade teachers... was just... SO mean oh god... the flashbacks of the principle dragging me out of my car into the school.... i also remember crying in front of the whole class when one of the teachers yelled at me. I would highly recommend to not let your child go to this school or ANY Winthrop school. And if you decide to let your child go to this school i wish the best of luck for him/her.

Arthur T. Cummings Elementary School 2

Posted August 25, 2010
Teachers were on strike last year and ignored students/parent needs. My phone calls were not returned and my child who needs extra support school year was greatly affected. It was strange seeing teachers together in union format and having the kids ask why they behave that way. I was very dissapointed especially when the teachers know the financial hardships this town has. Most teachers live here. The principal is a realistic, good man and puts the students first when he comes to work. Withou him running that school I would consider going elsewhere ASAP. Part of my childs comments about school was " my teacher is on the cell phone alot and leaves the room to talk". It was not a productive year here.

Posted January 03, 2009
The Principal Mr. Gill is just awesome. My kid was picked on, and he took it very seriously and put a stop to it right away. He just loves kids, and you can tell. In fact, everyone who works here seems to love kids. It's a great school. My only complaint is about the closing of the science lab, and the larger class sizes, but that's not the school's fault -- that is the fault of the voters in town who will not pass 2 1/2 overrides to find the schools properly.

Posted April 07, 2008
This is a beautiful school. My son has a wonderful teacher in the 4th grade. She is understanding, approachable and most of all inspiring. She has creative ways of getting her students involved and interested not only in their studies, but extracurriculum activities as well. The principal at this school is very friendly and approachable as well. He is fair and has listened to me and helped me when I have sought his help. Parents and teachers came together during the most recent MCAS testing period and tried many different ways to decrease anxiety in the students. For that I thank them!

Arthur T. Cummings Elementary School 5

Posted February 03, 2008
My daughter went to this school for 2 years. Every day of her last week there she would come home and say 'Mom I LOVE this school I don't want to move!' I would feel bad for her because she had so many friends there and now she was going to lose it all. Not that she can make new ones here in Georgia it's that she knows them for 5 years! If your moving to MA I would reccommed you go to Winthrop and let your daughter/son learn at this school. I would totally reccomened this one!

40 Hermon Street, Winthrop, MA  02152
Last modified Arthur T. Cummings Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 4-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.