K-5 & Ungraded
Woburn, MA

Posted July 01, 2007
I have dealt with 4 different principals staring with Mrs Henchey. I have found the demeaner of Ms Hedin very unfriendly and very cold.

Goodyear Elementary School 3

Posted April 30, 2007
I have one child at the Clapp. I like my son's teacher, she seems very dedicated, but the Principal has a mean / rude demeanor, which I find disrespectful. She often treats parents like children at school functions and is very snappy at the kids. I think she needs to work on her patience and diplomacy skills. I have a master's degree but have often been made to feel 'stupid' when she has spoken to me. I was also disappointed when I was told in December (only 4 months into the school year!) that we should keep my child back next year, rather than provide him with the additional tutoring that he needs. I hired my own tutor and he is now doing great and will be heading up to the next grade in September.

Posted August 15, 2004
My last of three children is now in the 5th grade. My two oldest have received an excellant education from the Clapp. They are both high honor students and my oldest has continued to obtain high honors through middle school.I have no doubt that my next son will do very well in his first year of middle school. My daughter,who requires an IEP has received all the help that she could possibly need. All the teachers and staff are extremely nice,understanding and very professional. They are all willing to go that extra step to help any child.I have stayed in this ditrict just so my children could remain at the Clapp! Linda

Goodyear Elementary School 1

Posted July 12, 2004
Alright, i sent my daughter Julia to the clapp school and she is now going into 6th grade.She didnt exactly get the best education but she got by.I'm not going to not recomend it but im not going to recomend it.She was always in the office but that is'nt exactly the schools fault.Julia always complained about how mean the teachers were and didnt really get along with them all but I wasnt there so I dont really know.The school does have alot of good features too though, like for example the pond across the street was a good experince for her.She loved going to the pond but my guess is just because she wanted to get out of the school for a little while.Over all the school is alright and shes out of it now any ways. -Julias Dad

Goodyear Elementary School 3

Posted July 12, 2004
- a former student

Posted May 24, 2004
I sent my two children to this school. My daughter,Katie, now in sixth grade, has received a great education and has received high honors for the past three terms. My son, Keith, in fourth grade, is also receiving a great education at the Clapp. I highly recommened for everyone.

Goodyear Elementary School
40 Hudson St, Woburn, MA  01801
Last modified Goodyear Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Goodyear Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top