Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

There is NO HOMEWORK. Everything is COMPLETELY intellectually unsatisfying. There is some, but it's silly.

I was a student at the Kennedy for one year. I couldn't stand it for more, so I ended up having to go to a private school. The teachers are thrown into things that they don't want to do, the curriculum is stupid and poorly taught, and the standardized testing is the focus of half the year. The teachers don't care about their kids. I do have to say that I love one of the counselors. She loves what she does and worked really hard to make me happier. I ended up doing 8th grade classes a couple times a week, and even those I had taught myself in 3rd, 4th grade. It's frustrating. I feel bad that I had such a bad experience because I know that some teachers actually try, but there is nothing individualized. It's just a factory where you put a kid in expecting to get the optimized product for minimum wage manufacturing work. It's not an education. It's regurgitation of information that you learn one minute and forget a moment after the test ends. At the Kennedy, there is no theatre program, limited sports, very little musical program, and nothing for advanced students. It seems like the students just generally are *dumber* but it's not the case. I think it's the teaching. I hope that it gets better there. The teachers do nothing about cliques and social outcasts, but they do have a strong program with their counselors. I hope that it gets better.

I am so happy that my child is studying in this school where the teachers are committed and dedicated. I am glad that reasonable homework is assigned on most days. I see my child read everyday for about twenty minutes. This is THE place to learn.

Last modified John F Kennedy Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.