Bad
Good

It looks to me like you didn't do much spelling homework when you were in school.

My third grader has way to much homework it has gotten to the point where he hates school I fight with him everynight to get it done. He has been loaded down with it since Kindergarden. Also his teacher informed us he might as well get use to it that he will receive 2 hours of homework in fourth grade , they are little children they have to have time to play and unwind . He will receive the same amount of homework as an 8th grader. This is not fare to the child and to the parents who have to deal with it. Its getting to the point where I will just tell him don't do it and that is teaching him the wrong values. Other then that its a wonderful school .

My child is in Kindergarden, I think the school is good. They get a lot of stuff done at school. The homework could be a bit more though that is only personal preference.

I moved to Woburn recently, and my son is attending his second grade at Altavista. He was a little bit behind in reading, and doing great in Maths and I was expecting the school to work with him to get him to the expected level (we try on our side to work with him at home every day), but got very disappointed from the way they were handling the case. We are thinking now, either to take him to a different school, or to homeschool him. My other son attended Woburn street school in Wilmington, and we were very happy with the teachers there, as well as the principle. They were just great.

My daughter has been studying in this school since last year (now she is in first grade). This school is really good, education is great here, especially the work they give to home and the desipline

Last modified Altavesta Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.