Bad
Good

This school is awful. I have conducted many surveys of other schools' kids' test scores and behavioral records, and this comes in as the worst. I attend this school, and have attended it for a couple of years now. I have had no behavioral problems myself, but when I look around this school us just a madhouse. There is on average two fights a day in this school. It is very concerning to your saftey, especially being white in an almost all Hispanic school. This school is made up of very rude kids and/or druggies. most of the staff do their job well, especially the guidance counselors. For the most part though the teachers, kids, and building could use an update. The teachers that I have currently, are pretty bad. A couple are EXTREMELY rude and aggressive, and their teaching is awful. A couple of my teachers actually bully me. I do not recommend this school, especially if you had gone to the middle school previously.

This school has let my daughter become a sucesful student, it helps both the parents and students by calling home and telling parents what can be done to improve the students skills.

In regards to comments about the schools' safety, I always found that if you were looking for trouble, you found it, but if not, you were fine. The teachers here are excellent, and compared to other urban schools, are well above par. I have since graduated and am on track to graduate at the top of my department at a highly selective undergraduate college. Is Burncoat an elite prep school? No. But as far as urban public education, it is far above many.

the safety and discipline is not up to par to say the least. the security and level of trust you put in this school to keep your kids in a safe environment needs to have a serious second look and then a complete overhaul. my children's lives have been threatened several times to the point where i have to go pick them up immediately. and still my son was attacked on school property. the school does not protect the children in school and the school will not take responsibility for any bodily harm caused to your children. it is very sad and disappointing that this is what getting a education has come to. burncoat is as much a jungle now as the amazon remains. only the street strong survive in that school.

This is a school stuck at the bottom of the School Commitee's list. Frozen food is being served to the children.

this school is an absolute outrage! Aren't schools supposed to provide their students with adequite food? most of the tewachers are great, especially the guidance councellor, Ms. Michaud. Something must be done

My daughter Leila is doing great at Burncoat. I am ever so happy for her and the way the school administration conducts itself. My congratulations to Mr Bierfeldt the Principal. Warmest Regards Richard Nair

my daughter went to burncoat and had a great support system in the staff and administration i just wish we saw more parents involved in the kids programs instead of the same few dozen at every event.

Dear Parents and other concerning folk. I was a student at Burncoat Senior High School in Worcester,MA 2000-2005. While Burncoat may be a Urban school my education was not at its fullest. -a concerned student

Last modified Burncoat Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.