Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

We are very happy with this school. My daughter has a speech delay and due to that also has a learning disability.. Her teacher has done an excellent job and my daughter loves her.. She has already shown amazing growth.. Her teacher genuinely cares about all her students.. For all these negative comments, I couldn't disagree more also.. We have never felt out of place.. The Parent/teacher communication is excellent, and my daughter loves going to school everyday..

This was our first year at Flagg St. My kids' teachers were invisible. I never received any parent-teacher communication. Notices for school events came home the day prior, so I could never attend. They learned next to nothing this whole year. Events and parent nights at the school are poorly planned and executed. I received no information and the teacher couldn't even tell me the names of the curriculum they used. I am a teacher in another district, and was in disbelief at the quality of this school. Everyone told us this was the best school, and we were excited to be a part of it. Instead, it's overcrowded, we are left out of everything, and I never have any information about what my children are learning. Apparently it's nothing, as their MAP testing scores show almost 0% growth in an entire year. Worksheets Xeroxed from the 1980's is all I ever saw. My kids weren't even benchmarked in their reading progress!! How can you even maintain a teaching license if you fail to assess your students. Making them sit in front of a computer for a week does NOTHING! If you move to this area, maybe try one of the magnet schools nearby. This school will stall your child's learning and they will leave school being just another lemming in today's poorly educated society. So sad. Avoid this place.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

This is proven by my children's MAP testing scores that showed they made far below average growth this year.

Amount of homework: Disagree

My children are finished with homework in 5 minutes or less. At their age and grade level, if they are finishing homework that quickly, they need to be challenged and given more.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

From what my children report to me at home, they are not safe at school and teachers aren't there to helps them solve their problems. My kids have talked about other students who hurt them on the playground, and say no teacher is around to notify. I call the school about this matter and no one will return my call or address the issue.

Love this school, the staff is fantastic, this is our first year at Flagg Street and our daughter has made so much progress and her teacher loves her kids. She goes above and beyond to bring out the best in each of her students. Overall the school community is also awesome, welcoming, close knit etc and I would highly recommend Flagg.

This is the best school of Worcester. my daughter enjoys her live there, the teachers, the principal are the best..

This is our first year at Flagg Street School, and so far we love it! It has been a great experience for our son thus far. His teacher is so loving and attentive to each and every child in the class. She is 100% devoted to each student and to seeing them succeed. The parent/teacher communication is excellent. The principal here is wonderful as well. I agree that the office staff could be a bit more friendly, but not having to deal with them too often, this isn't a deal breaker for us. Smaller sized classrooms and a real neighborhood family oriented school. As a girl who grew up and works in a very sought after suburban school system, I have been pleasantly surprised by this school in the city! I look forward to sending our two girls here in the following years to come.

We are very happy with this school. My daughter has had two excellent teachers so far (she's in the first grade), and we've liked them so much that I hope to place my younger child with both of them when the time comes. They genuinely care about their students, and do a great job tailoring lesson plans to meet each student's needs. The principal is excellent! She addresses every student in the school by name, the children just love her, and she works well with parents. One major advantage at this school is that parent volunteerism is extremely high - there are always an extra set of hands available in the classroom when needed. As for the last reviewer's comments about parents, I couldn't disagree more - most parents I see volunteering are there in jeans, sneakers, no make-up, and are not the least bit pretentious. We are a middle class family (as are most of the other families there we know) and have never felt out of place. There are fundraisers from time to time, but most schools have those since schools systems in general are so grossly under-funded. We opt out of them a lot. The folks in the front office could be a bit friendlier, and that perhaps is one area for improvement.

This is a great area of Worcester and I was excited to send my children to Flagg Street. Huge mistake. This school is 100% about how much money you have and who you know. The school assemblies are like a contest to see which mom can wear the highest heels or pack the most botox into her face. The school is constantly asking you to spend money on one thing or another...not a bit of money either, a lot. And I do mean constantly. Don't even try to smile at anyone working in the office or ask how they are doing, these superior beings have no time for you. Don't bother saying thank you or being friendly on the phone with them, they are just going to hang up on you mid-sentence. If you send your child here, be prepared to be treated like bottom-of-the-barrel trash. It's true, the teachers seem to not care about much of anything. And, they have no guidance counselor! I truly want to volunteer for the school but I just cannot deal with these people. It sickens me every time I'm there. My kids are miserable and no one seems to care. Don't be fooled like I was by the fancy computer lab and beautifully decorated classrooms, unfortunately this place is nothing but a status symbol.

Last modified Flagg Street is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.