K-6 & Ungraded
Worcester, MA

Flagg Street 5

Posted April 02, 2014
This is the best school of Worcester. my daughter enjoys her live there, the teachers, the principal are the best..

Flagg Street 4

Posted October 24, 2013
This is our first year at Flagg Street School, and so far we love it! It has been a great experience for our son thus far. His teacher is so loving and attentive to each and every child in the class. She is 100% devoted to each student and to seeing them succeed. The parent/teacher communication is excellent. The principal here is wonderful as well. I agree that the office staff could be a bit more friendly, but not having to deal with them too often, this isn't a deal breaker for us. Smaller sized classrooms and a real neighborhood family oriented school. As a girl who grew up and works in a very sought after suburban school system, I have been pleasantly surprised by this school in the city! I look forward to sending our two girls here in the following years to come.

Flagg Street 4

Posted October 11, 2012
We are very happy with this school. My daughter has had two excellent teachers so far (she's in the first grade), and we've liked them so much that I hope to place my younger child with both of them when the time comes. They genuinely care about their students, and do a great job tailoring lesson plans to meet each student's needs. The principal is excellent! She addresses every student in the school by name, the children just love her, and she works well with parents. One major advantage at this school is that parent volunteerism is extremely high - there are always an extra set of hands available in the classroom when needed. As for the last reviewer's comments about parents, I couldn't disagree more - most parents I see volunteering are there in jeans, sneakers, no make-up, and are not the least bit pretentious. We are a middle class family (as are most of the other families there we know) and have never felt out of place. There are fundraisers from time to time, but most schools have those since schools systems in general are so grossly under-funded. We opt out of them a lot. The folks in the front office could be a bit friendlier, and that perhaps is one area for improvement.

Flagg Street 1

Posted December 19, 2011
This is a great area of Worcester and I was excited to send my children to Flagg Street. Huge mistake. This school is 100% about how much money you have and who you know. The school assemblies are like a contest to see which mom can wear the highest heels or pack the most botox into her face. The school is constantly asking you to spend money on one thing or another...not a bit of money either, a lot. And I do mean constantly. Don't even try to smile at anyone working in the office or ask how they are doing, these superior beings have no time for you. Don't bother saying thank you or being friendly on the phone with them, they are just going to hang up on you mid-sentence. If you send your child here, be prepared to be treated like bottom-of-the-barrel trash. It's true, the teachers seem to not care about much of anything. And, they have no guidance counselor! I truly want to volunteer for the school but I just cannot deal with these people. It sickens me every time I'm there. My kids are miserable and no one seems to care. Don't be fooled like I was by the fancy computer lab and beautifully decorated classrooms, unfortunately this place is nothing but a status symbol.

Posted April 19, 2010
We are not only a school but a family too. When support is needed we come together and help with out hesitation. My kids love Flagg!

Flagg Street 2

Posted February 28, 2010
I am in complete agreement with the last reviewer. Ever since the 'new' principal took over, the school has lost everything that made it a great school. The wonderful art teacher left. The wonderful music teacher left. The teachers have become so complacent. It's as if most of them are just waiting it out in order to get their pensions, including the principal.

Posted February 17, 2010
Flagg Street school has been a very inconsistent educational experience for my three children:when you are fortunate enough to get an energetic, innovative, teacher, then you are fine, however, the principal is complacent, does not take advantage of the great resources she has, does not inspire anyone as very bright, and is certainly not an educational leader-she seems to be happy to get to retire from a school without any major 'issues,' and push the status-quo. The school has become another poster-child for Worcester mediocrity and 'leave no worksheet behind' mentality. If you have a child who loves to learn, or is an advanced learner, find another place for your child, or do school-choice and attend a school outside of the city. Flagg Street has a few good teachers, but it is simply a job to the others. Most will not go above and beyond. Flagg Street is a sad disappointment.

Flagg Street 3

Posted September 03, 2009

Flagg Street 5

Posted July 14, 2009

Posted September 04, 2008
Flagg St is a great school.Principal is is really helpfull and involved.Teachers are so nice.I wold just like to see more new thisng added to their program

Flagg Street
115 Flagg St, Worcester, MA  01602
Last modified Flagg Street is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Flagg Street Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top