Bad
Good

I would like to say this is a good school for my children. I am very much engaged in the school and my children education. I would like to say that my children are in good hands and I feel that the school has meet my children educational needs. I had just one incident of another child bullying my child and that matter was corrected immediately. I believe that the teachers are very much engaged with parents and it is a very friendly environment for parents and teachers. The principal is always available and willing to talk to parents. She greets every child each morning and insures there safety.

Removed my son from this school due to bullying after 2 months of complaining and getting no where. I was told numerous times "Thank you for your patience and cooperation and we are working on it,. I promise the issue will be resolved." Never was. Also I was told by the principal that my son was the one with behaviour issue ironically that day I got my sons report card and it said he was a well behaved student. That night I decided this was the last straw. No more Mcgrath for my family. Honestly after 2 months of being tormented...you try not fighting back. In 1st grade this should not be an issue that my son and I have to deal with.

This is the worst school I have ever seen. I enrolled my 9 and 7 year old children, and within a month they were getting poor marks and hated school due to the other students bullying and the teachers and principal doing nothing. My 9 year olds' 3rd grade teacher actually had the gall to tell him "it wouldn't kill him" when a group of kids kicked sand at him in recess! Previously they had no issues, many friends, and excellent grades. I actually had to call the superintendent in order to get the principal to do anything about a bigger boy hitting my child daily. She refused to do anything after 3 reports from me. This child had a history as well! I got my children out asap. They are now doing great with many new friends in a Shrewsbury school, and my 9(now 10) year old has straight A's. This is a terrible school.

is a very good school, 2or 3 teacher of thats school not very profecional. if they respect there student more and parents it will be a mush better school . also theres no much comunication betweent parents and staff. they need after school program,

Last modified Francis J Mcgrath Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.