Worcester, MA

Norrback Avenue 1

Posted April 12, 2014
Worst school in all of worcester. Terrible learning environment. Teacher bullying. Do not send your kid.

Posted October 15, 2013
Norrback Ave. school is a great school with committed teachers, parents and administration. This is my daughter's second year there and she's in their fabulous Spanish two-way or dual language program. In addition to learning a second language, she'll stay with a cohort of children until 4th grade. Another bonus is that the class size for two-way is a little smaller than traditional kindergarten classrooms. The school does a lot of great activities for the students and families. For all these reasons, we love Norrback!!

Posted October 08, 2013
My son attends Kindergarten at Norrback. Its a really good school where teachers care about their students. They work very hard at getting parents and students involved in school activities which I think is good for the kids. The more parents have a presence at the school and show interest the better the kids are going to do.

Posted October 20, 2009
I love that the school offers the two-way program from Kindergarten in full day program. The teachers are great! Both Principal and vice principal as well as the whole administration are the best! AAAAAA++++++++ school

Posted October 20, 2009
Our school doesn't have a librarian, so parent volunteers have taken on the job. One parent has organized the schedule and training for all. It's a great way to learn about our children and their classmates, as well as observing the teacher's interaction.

Posted August 29, 2008
I love this school i have has one there for 6 years and now have two more going and have had no problems with the school!!

Posted January 16, 2008
Love this school. My children have been going for the last eight years (pre-k - 6) I miss the previous principal Mrs. Schupp, but hopefully the new principal will eagerly meet her high demands expected from each child!

Posted April 04, 2007
My daughter has been at Norrback since kindergarten. She is currently in the second grade and we can't say enough about the school and the staff. Everyone is a caring member of the school community. The discipline and what is expected of the students is clearly stated and enforced. This makes for a very safe learning environment. The teachers really care about each and every student and their family. Even though our principal is on leave for a while, the school continues to run smoothly. The children are learning and happy to be in school. The staff is the best.

Posted June 14, 2005
Norrback is a great school! It has excellent teachers who truly care about their students. I currently have 2 children in the school, the oldest just finishing 5th. grade. He has been in it since kindergarten. Each class has an extra activity almost every day of the week. One day it might be library, the next its gym or music. They also have a television studio where students do a morning news program. They have 2 instrument teachers (strings and wind). The PTO at the school I have found to be very welcoming and very busy. Even the volunteers are people who I would want my children around on a regular basis. The principal is of the highest quality as well and runs the school with a firm but loving hand. The school also has a nurse practitioner and a nurse on staff. Best school in the city I think.

Posted October 23, 2004
My oldest is in 5th grade, and has attended Norrback for four years now. My youngest just entered Kindergarden. I am, and have been very pleased with the school. The teachers are very involved, and care. It is very apparent they are not just 'doing their job'. They are helping us do a great job readying our children for the world. Many subjects and ideas are covered, nothing is left unturned. I feel very confident in many ways that I made the right choice sending my children to this school. I thank them as often as possible for all they do.

44 Malden Street, Worcester, MA  01606
Last modified Norrback Avenue is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Norrback Avenue Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top