Posted May 23, 2010
I have gone to Holy Name for six years and through my time there I have not once been refused admission to a club. I tried out for softball but once I got there I knew I wouldn't make the team. After that I joined Chorus and many other activities. I learned to play drums and joined band. I auditioned for a part in the fall show for theater and got a part, I directed a play for a competition, and participated in the Spring Musical. The teachers are kind and help me when I ask for it. The sports teams are not based on politics they are based on skill. I have friends that are good at a sport but not as good as everyone else. The coaches want the team to win so they take the best. Going to Holy Name was the best decision I ever made.

Holy Name Central Catholic Jr/Sr High School 0

Posted December 06, 2009
Holy Name Central Catholic is undoubtedly a terrible school. I completely agree with every review that mentioned Holy Name is all about sports, and the sports teams are based on politics. The teachers are rude and unhelpful, and do not prepare you whatsoever for college by any means. I feel as if my opportunity for a solid junior high school and high school education was completely was gone to waste by attending this school. Although, if your child is planning on going to the NFL or the NBA, go there. That's all their education will amount to.

Posted July 11, 2009
its a strong academic and sporty school and great for all teens and preteens

Holy Name Central Catholic Jr/Sr High School 4

Posted December 07, 2008
My children attend/will attend Holy Name. My children are taking very strong academic classes. This is the first school, public or private, that has challenged my children. My children are involved in the clubs, sports and music. They do not always make the teams, but my kids are here for an education first and unfortunately not making something you want is part of growing up and accepting things not in your control. There have been changes in administration and some great new teachers in the last year and a half. You need to see Holy Name and make the decision yourself. I think you will be surprised.

Posted October 11, 2008
Good school, solid academics , sports, extra's. Strong admin leadership fosters safe and disciplined atmosphere. Teachers are dedicated.

Holy Name Central Catholic Jr/Sr High School 1

Posted October 01, 2008
the people in this school could care less about academics, all they care about is sports, it's awful!

Posted August 26, 2008
My daughter started HN in 7th grade and will be entering her freshman year this week! She is prepared, confident and ready for the rigors of high school. The decision to place her at HN for junior high was a good one, and I know that she will continue to have the support and structure she needs to prepare for college.

Posted October 27, 2007
Holy Name offers outstanding opportunity in academics, arts, and athletics. Greatest strength is in its' balance. Every student finds acceptance through positive self-expression in their chosen discipline or extra-curricular activity. The school is small enough to give individual attention, but large enough to compete academically, musically, artistically and athletically. An outstanding choice to develop the whole student. -Parent. p.s. Anyone can get cut from a sports team at any school. B.C. cuts tons of football players every year. Does that make it a lousy college?

Holy Name Central Catholic Jr/Sr High School 1

Posted August 30, 2007
- a former student
The person who gave it 1 star said it all. I am a former student of Holy Name. Except for the sports teams, which are all politics. they would NOT let me on a team. When my mother spoke with my guidance counselor about it. She said her daughter made the team. All my mother said was, 'wow i wonder why.' The staff is highly unprofessional and very uncatholic. The athletic department is unsportsmanlike and unkind towards the students. If you are considering Holy Name, RECONSIDER.

Posted April 03, 2007

Holy Name Central Catholic Jr/Sr High School
144 Granite Street, Worcester, MA  01604
Last modified Holy Name Central Catholic Jr/Sr High School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
Holy Name Central Catholic Jr/Sr High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top