6-12|Private

Bad
Good

Our daughter is currently in her Freshman year at WA. We have found the environment to be a perfect fit for her. She loves her teachers as the passion for the subjects they teach is contagious. Both administration and faculty/staff are caring and responsive to any needs she or we might have. Our daughter is blossoming here and discovering what makes her unique in order to be a valuable contributor to society. We see her leadership skills improving in and outside the classroom as she becomes more confident in her own abilities. We have no doubt that WA will lead her to and through the next important step in her life--college.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Our daughter was privileged to make a varsity team as a Freshman. The coach tries to instill fairness to all and is very inclusive no matter what your class year.

My daughter began 9th grade this past year and she is very happy and doing well. The school really seems to care and I feel are professional and create an exceptional school environment. My daughter attended a Montesouri school previously, and WA is by far a superior academic environment. My daughter has ADD and suffers from anxiety, but you would hardly know it based on how well she is doing. Thank you so much WA for being such a great school - well worth the tuition due to the caliber of the education and the quality of the staff. Best decision we ever made!

I started at WA when I was in 6th grade because I hated public school. To be honest, going to WA was the worst decision of my life. I begged my parents to pull me out after my freshman year. 8 others in my class just could not take it anymore either. Since I started every kid was a stuck-up, rich, know-it-all. If you didn't dress in the right clothing, or like the same things you were automatically rejected. The faculty was not worth paying 25,000 a year. Yes, I did have some fantastic teachers that actually taught, but every year we would end up with 1 or 2 who just would not teach. On top of this it was expected that mastered everything that you did, it was drilled in with their motto "Achieve the Honorable." I was stressed from ages 11 to 15. In high school it is required to do sport/theater, so no matter what activity you'd leave by 6pm or later and then had 3-6 hours of homework. They drilled the idea that if you didn't do well in a course you wouldn't be able to get into college. I graduated from public school and am in a great private college with a huge scholarship. If I stayed my grades would have been lower and there is no chance in hell I would be where I am today.

I've noticed that the negative reviews all have misspellings and severe grammatical errors. Perhaps you just were not smart enough to be at WA, but that is no reason to be bitter at the school. It is an incredible academic environment, and is unlike most prep schools that have an air of entitlement. Don't be a whiner, accept personal responsibility, and you'll do well at WA and in life :)

I think WA is awesome. Some of my friends are in this school. WA's math is so strong, although I'm 1 year higher than my sister, I can't answer the hard math questions she asked.

All three of my children attend Worcester Academy. We are thrilled with the curriculum, faculty and extracurriculars. We have been part of the community for five years as all three started there in grade 6. The faculty truly care about the students and demand the best of them, yet are very supportive. We love that the school offers so many different courses. The international students add a wonderful element to the school. We have hosted students every year we have been a part of the school and now have wonderful friends all over the world. We couldn't be more pleased with the rigor, curriculum, faculty and environment of Worcester Academy. We encourage families to apply - the school will exceed your expectations!

There is no way out of this school. Over the years, my experience has been awful and dreadful, making me want to leave this school more and more as I think about it. Everyone I ask that goes there says it is a bad decision to even apply here. Although, I am greatly fortunate everything thing they have taught me. It is just beyond challenging with a great amount of academic and social stress. The diversity is like no other, meaning they put a force on the international students mixing with the day students. I would not necessarily describe this school as snobby, but some of the people inside of it can be full of them selves. I would not recommend sending your child there considering it was one of my worst decisions yet

An absolutely wonderful experience with an incredibly involved and caring staff, administration, and faculty. I had diverse interests and the school provided me an avenue to pursue as many interests as I wanted to. I showed up to a tier-1 college and excelled from day one because of the preparation that I received at WA. I am continually heartened to hear about the rapid development of WA's offerings and footprint, both in the neighborhood and globally. Most importantly, WA offers a top prep school experience without the bubble that so many prep schools cultivate. You are part of the community, your classmates are from all walks of life, the faculty have diverse experiences. You don't live in a bubble in life, why should you in high school?

I am a parent of two children who attended Worcester Academy, middle and high school. My two children were very different from one another yet both had outstanding experiences. My oldest, who now attends an Ivy League university, was more than prepared for it's academic rigors. I highly recommend Worcester Academy. It is well worth the tuition.

Last modified Worcester Academy is a Private school that serves grades 6-12