Worcester, MA

Venerini Academy 3

Posted August 09, 2014
This used to be a great school. Most of the good teachers have left. The school is much to focused on recruitment. This was never the case at Venerin before. So sad to see what is happening to this once beloved school. Not what it used to be.

Venerini Academy 2

Posted June 20, 2014
The school has a few great teachers, they are the gems. A few simply do not know how to teach and a few have lost interest. When you get a gem your child thrives, but if not the year is difficult. The academics have suffered over the years and the priority has become recruitment and "looking good". I also firmly believe EACH and EVERY child should be valued and I find this is not the case. Favoritism of a few is rampant. I am not alone and It amazes me how many parents I hear complain about the same things. Parents opinions are not solicited or valued when volunteered. This school needs to get back to the fundamentals of great teaching and the valuing of each child. This is how you create a love of learning. To fix a problem you must first recognize it, ignoring only works for so long. Venerini needs to reassess their direction and values.

Venerini Academy 3

Posted January 17, 2014
This school has some of the best teachers in the area, but I had a very disappointing experience with there business office and principal. My child attend form 1st - 4th and had very great skills after leaving. There business office has terrible time communicating and following through. I was given a hard time because of there error. They admitted there error and gave me a hard times for 4 months after they messed up. I was tried with multiple attempts to correct the issue. The principal was not very helpful, welcoming, or involved with the children. He was not the best choice for this community. Sad that they could not get it together.

Posted December 06, 2012
This is a wonderful environment for children to grow and learn. We have 2 children attending in the lower elementary grades. All faculty, staff and administration know each child by their first and last name. Faculty greet each child in the mornings with a positive smile and gracious hello. The school truly is a gem. They ensure that each child is cared for creating a "home away from home". The kids are truly good to each other and demonstrate respect for themselves, their peers, faculty and the school itself. If you have children and are looking for a great education and supportive environment,this should be on the top of your list.

Posted May 08, 2010
We have been at Venerini Academy for five years now and both of my children are working on a solid foundation for academic excellence! There isn t a high school out there that they wouldn t be prepared for after graduation! Families here are wonderful! Many give of their own free time to help out and pitch in making Venerini truly a diamond on the hill.

Posted April 04, 2010
Venerini truly is a gem. We were a Venerini family for 15 years - our three children were so much better prepared for their private high schools (Notre Dame & St. John's) than their public school, and many other Catholic school, peers. All three of them were placed into all honors and AP classes. Venerini gives children plenty of individual attention, and both fosters the growth of existing talents and helps to create new ones.

Posted January 26, 2010
I find Vernenini to be a very understanding and caring enviroment to learn in. The teachers are wonderful. My two sons are very happy there since age 3, they are in 5th & 6th grade now. Choosing Venerini has proven to be a Great Choice!

Posted October 28, 2009
My older son went here andnow my younger one does. We love the atmosphere, the teachers are incredible.Small class sizes allow for individual attention, which for us is very important at this stage in the childrens' lives. We would like academic curriculum to be a little more challenging to the kids. Excellent overall rating !

Posted October 08, 2009
We have had 2 sons in Venerini for the last 7 years and are very happy with the education. Great families, caring teachers, small class sizes and individual attention. I echo the extensive parental and family involvement. Would like to have a playground rather than a paved parking lot for the children but this is a trade off. Competitive athletics. Excellent well rounded education.

Posted October 06, 2009
We love Venerini, currently have one child enrolled and will enroll the younger two when they are ready for kindergarten. The teachers are incredibly dedicated, the program is rigorous, the parents are involved. I was skeptical since I am a public school teacher, but am convinced this private school is a solid foundation for future academic success and an incredible value. One of Worcester's true gems.

27 Edward Street, Worcester, MA  01605