PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The school is safe with a nurturing environment. Office and administration is helpful and accommodating. Teachers are a mixed bag. Venerini has attracted some young teachers that relate to the kids. Unfortunately, they are unable to keep them for very long. Additionally, some teachers are nearing retirement and have lost that spark that keeps kids energized. Not sure if the seasoned teachers are cramping out the newer ones.

The education and sociol skills given to each student at this school prepare them for the rest of their life

After the evaluation in spring 2015 we were told by Paul M. Jourcin that it would be "unfair to other children" to have my child in their school. Of course, he also vowed that his prayers are always with us "in this season of hope" as we are trying to find a school that will challenge my daughter and develop her talents. I expected that this school will teach love of God and of your neighbors and instead I hear that my daughter is a disgrace and that it would be unfair for others to being around her. Very Christian like, isn't it? By the way, my daughter attends a public elementary school now and is praised by her teachers. They say she is a bright and kind little kid.

Wish I could say this is the school we used to know and love. There are great points such as some excellent teachers, parents that are always willing to help and get involved and the values that are taught daily through kindness pledge and prayer. We thought we'd be able to avoid the secular progressive mentality when it comes to curriculum but we see it slowly creeping in. For a school that has been doing an amazing job of preparing students to go on to any HS of their choice for 70 years you'd think they'd defend their curriculum and teaching ability but they are falling into lock step with the public and diocesan run schools instead when unlike the others they had the choice not to. Favoritism of some families is obvious and unfortunate but you most likely see that everywhere. The saddest part is there is no strong leader with a clear direction, rather certain people around him run things and the path of least resistance seems to be the only path as of late. It would only take a leader with the grit to stay true to VA's values to get the school back on track and it would quickly become the gem on the hill again. Unfortunately at this point there is nowhere else to go in the immediate area that is not using our kids as an experiment for their untested standards and allows us to express our faith. We'll take it day by day but we had hoped for much more.

This used to be a great school. Most of the good teachers have left. The school is much to focused on recruitment. This was never the case at Venerin before. So sad to see what is happening to this once beloved school. Not what it used to be.

The school has a few great teachers, they are the gems. A few simply do not know how to teach and a few have lost interest. When you get a gem your child thrives, but if not the year is difficult. The academics have suffered over the years and the priority has become recruitment and "looking good". I also firmly believe EACH and EVERY child should be valued and I find this is not the case. Favoritism of a few is rampant. I am not alone and It amazes me how many parents I hear complain about the same things. Parents opinions are not solicited or valued when volunteered. This school needs to get back to the fundamentals of great teaching and the valuing of each child. This is how you create a love of learning. To fix a problem you must first recognize it, ignoring only works for so long. Venerini needs to reassess their direction and values.

This school has some of the best teachers in the area, but I had a very disappointing experience with there business office and principal. My child attend form 1st - 4th and had very great skills after leaving. There business office has terrible time communicating and following through. I was given a hard time because of there error. They admitted there error and gave me a hard times for 4 months after they messed up. I was tried with multiple attempts to correct the issue. The principal was not very helpful, welcoming, or involved with the children. He was not the best choice for this community. Sad that they could not get it together.

This is a wonderful environment for children to grow and learn. We have 2 children attending in the lower elementary grades. All faculty, staff and administration know each child by their first and last name. Faculty greet each child in the mornings with a positive smile and gracious hello. The school truly is a gem. They ensure that each child is cared for creating a "home away from home". The kids are truly good to each other and demonstrate respect for themselves, their peers, faculty and the school itself. If you have children and are looking for a great education and supportive environment,this should be on the top of your list.

We have been at Venerini Academy for five years now and both of my children are working on a solid foundation for academic excellence! There isn t a high school out there that they wouldn t be prepared for after graduation! Families here are wonderful! Many give of their own free time to help out and pitch in making Venerini truly a diamond on the hill.

Venerini truly is a gem. We were a Venerini family for 15 years - our three children were so much better prepared for their private high schools (Notre Dame & St. John's) than their public school, and many other Catholic school, peers. All three of them were placed into all honors and AP classes. Venerini gives children plenty of individual attention, and both fosters the growth of existing talents and helps to create new ones.

Last modified Venerini Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8