K-8 & Ungraded
Public charter
Worcester, MA

Seven Hills Charter School 5

Posted August 26, 2013
I love this school this is my sons second year he is a 1st grader and the one on one attention my son gets is amazing he is so smart already reading! I also am a working single parent and the hours are perfect extended year and extended day and the after school program rates are so reasonable. I've seen a lot of negative reviews on this school , but I've had nothing but good experiences with the teachers and staff!

Seven Hills Charter School 4

Posted April 26, 2010
I'm currently a parent of three children who attend Seven Hills. I love this school very much because they challenge my children, along as teach them great values that are consistent with what I teach them at home. However, the only and biggest issue that I have is that they don't seem to have a handle on the constant bullying, and fighting. I understand that there is a new principal now so I hope that through time things shall change.

Posted September 30, 2009
I am now a frehmen in collage and at first I hated this but after just a coulpe of weeks there I have fallen love with it it the greatest school I ever attended they become like your family they truely care I'd give anything to go back in Time and I wanna give a shout out to my faves mrs.Roy mrs. Ortiz and my absoulte fave mr. Hoskins I love u hosky

Posted September 16, 2009
You get treated jst like a family member upon entering & children are taught some really good core values! Keep it up!!

Seven Hills Charter School 1

Posted March 31, 2009

Posted July 08, 2008
My kids went to this school. What a mistake it was to pull them from traditional public schools. In the begining it seemed like a great school but within 2 years that all turned pear shaped. We stuck it out, believing as we were told, that things would get better. Get beter things did not. We ended up with 2 great kids who learned terrible studying habits and hate school. Look at Seven Hills' website and click on the 'who's who' link. There is one person listed there. A good insight into just how 'proud' people are of their alma mater. Indeed.

Seven Hills Charter School 4

Posted October 03, 2007
SHCPS is a wonderful school that reflects the diversity of the city of Worcester. It has a challenging academic programs as well as a variety of arts. Seven Hills puts students and families first! They offer free after school programs to their students and have an on-site afterschool program for working parents. The historical building is beautiful and the PLAYGROUND and DECK area are added assets. Seven Hills staff are dedicated and work long hours. Each class has 2 teachers, so the student/adult ratio for each class is 1:13. Students are able to participate in 2 field trips each year, they have a ski club, sports, karate, stomp, & choir (performs nationally-Washington D.C., Florida, PA, Boston, etc.) I cannot say enough positive things about Seven Hills. I can say that the parent involvement and volunteering piece is a bit low. As in all schools, parent involvement is a key, but lacks across the board.

Seven Hills Charter School 1

Posted May 08, 2007
Once upon a time SHCPS was a great school with an amazing staff and administration. I decided to remove my children last year as a result of culminating circumstances. The school discipline is absolutely horrible without any consistency.

Seven Hills Charter School 5

Posted March 10, 2006
I have two sons, one just left SHPCS for High School and the other is in 1st grade. My older son had attended two other schools prior to SHPCS and I could not say enough about what a difference this school has made in his life. He is a very bright child scoring well above state avg in MCAS. The staff here will go the extra mile time and again. What the school lacks in infrastructure it more than makes up for in all the feild trips (NYC, Camp Kieve, Leadership Workshops) and personal enrichment intensives, and in the arts. My 1st grader is now reading well above grade level just as my 9th grader did when attending SHPCS. A private school experience with the only expense being the time you decide to give back as a token of graditude for all they do.

Seven Hills Charter School 2

Posted February 22, 2006
Seven Hills charter school is a small school with lot of children in it. The principle and staff are trying their very best to make it going, but due to lack of infrastructure and lack of decipline among children, most of the time it is a confusion. My daughter goes to this school always compaints that her school is very noisy. If you go and see, it is true. I like the uniform system, then again they are not particular about the kind of dress they wear. It has to be same colour. Academics, is okay again since most children are below average, there is no chalenge for your child. But they are very strong in Music, they have a choir and some teachers who are good musicians. Since they do not have a play ground there is nothing much to do in recess time.

Seven Hills Charter School
51 Gage St, Worcester, MA  01605
Last modified Seven Hills Charter School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seven Hills Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top