K-12 & Ungraded
Worcester, MA
Students enrolled: 1,426
Before care: Yes

Posted December 18, 2014
I am a student going to Abby Kelley, I've been attending this school since kindergarten, and I am now in the 6th grade. Going to this school is the best decision my parents have ever made for my future. AKFCS has an I.B program, which I am looking forward to joining when I'm old enough, so i can have the possibility of getting into a good college. I have never been so grateful for anyone in my life, but the staff here and AKFCS. They take care of you. They teach you lovingly. And especially, they provide a clean, and healthy environment, to not only learn, but make memories. I have met so many wonderful people here at AKFCS. At Abby Kelley, whether you'r ehvaing trouble academically, or emotionally, people at AKFCS are always there to help. Everyone is treated equally, you're not judged for being "different". And at Abby Kelley, there are many extra-curricular activities you can do. I was on the JV soccer team, player #21, and at the same time i was in the math, and writing club. I recommend Abby Kelley Foster Charter School to everyone!

Posted August 17, 2014
I love Abby Kelley. I've been a student since kindergarten and I'm going to the 6th grade. If you have a problem with anything, emotionally to educationally, they will be there. But like everything, their is going to have to be improvements. One of the things that I've noticed is that, we always think about being better than the other schools in Worcester. That's an awesome thing to do but that shouldn't be our mind set. And honestly, I think the school is concerned about that a little too much. Overall, Abby Kelley is a really great school, it even got ranked 43rd of the schools in Massachusetts!

Posted June 18, 2014
Awesome school, they want great achievements for all their students. My daughters and their cousins attend and they are very involved with every aspect of education.

Posted April 19, 2014
My son got accepted into Abby Kelly in the fall if 2014 he will be in Kindergarden. I have only heard good things about this school. I got the opportunity to attend their open house and I loved it . I also spoke to students as well as parents and they all have had great experiences. My son is very excited and I am as well I will keep you all posted as my son starts school and through out the year.

Posted April 17, 2014
Abby Kelly Foster Charter is the best. My daughter goes to K, there and she is doing wonderful ! The teachers and staff are more then helpful.. I give them 4 star

Posted July 30, 2013
Our family appreciates this school for the effort they make to prepare your child to be well rounded, giving a variety of different classes and opportunities to participate in extensive music programs. Also, over the years, when we have had problems, they have been extremely responsive to our needs.

Posted March 06, 2012
In an age where school unions hidder the advancement and quality of education in regular public schools, Abbey Kelly Foster Charter, or any charter school is a wonderful choice. My three sons have gone to Abbey Kelly since Kindergarden and because charter schools can tailor their programs based on the childs needs, all three are advanced for their grade level. Until unions are eliminated from the public school system there really is no other choice if you want a quality education for your children. Having attended a union public school growing up I am relieved that I don't have to subject my children to the same inadequacies i recieved.

Posted April 04, 2011
For now, it is a young school(13 years) but I am sure that it will grow to become a greater one. It's not easy containing grades K-12 and I think that's something people don't take into consideration. This school might not be a Thomas Jefferson or a Stuyvesant type of school but by seeing the advancements that this school has made in only 12 years, I believe that it's on it's way to becoming a much more dominant school. For this school has made very quick changes.

Posted January 18, 2011
To me, this is a school that is making great progress. I have been to Abby Kelley since grade four; and it has added more extracurricular activities, built a separate high school, and has added the IB program. I am in ninth grade now, and I realize that this school is not amongst the top schools in the country, or the nation; but I also believe that it will get there. My only advice is that this school needs to dismiss students earlier, so that they may have time to focus on school work, get involved with extracurricular activities, and other personal activities. For I know that the dismissal time prohibits some of my progress as a student.

Posted January 18, 2011
I am very sorry about that, I ment I realize that might not be one of the best in the country or state.

Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public School
10 New Bond St, Worcester, MA  01606
Last modified Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Abby Kelley Foster Charter Public School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top