Posted May 02, 2014
I'm a student at APMS. I love this school very much! The teaches are great and mostly the kids are respetful to one other. There is nothing bad about this school at all. Everyone is treated like family. 6th graders get to go to the Ohio caverns and in 7th grade you get to go to Chicago and in 8th you get to go to Washington D.C and Ceder Point. It's a wonderful school.

Posted February 16, 2014
I am a parent and very proud to say the school district is fantastic! My children are very happy to be in allen park middle school. My daughter has an IEP and I must say her case manager is very compassionate, concerned and treats her like a daughter. My daughter faced some challenges this school year that was difficult but myself and teacher worked together even after school hours to talk. She was concerned about me too. She wanted to ease my mind that we will make the best of the school year for my daughter. I absolutely would recommend this school! Some parents come acrossed a negative experience but, no school can be perfect and overall allen park schools still have a great reputation.

Posted December 19, 2013
I am an unhappy parent and i am also writing this on behalf of my children I have one child in 6th and the other in 8th grade. I've learned enough from my own children, their friends and parents to agree there are some real issues here, with bullying and the negative consequences of this problem being of greatest concern to me. Available statistics show bullying impedes the quality of education for all of our children. Finger-pointing between parents and educators will not resolve this problem. Collaborative problem-solving can. What is most apparent is a lack of positive communications among all parties concerned. What is not apparent are solutions offered that would include training and full implementation of a bullying awareness and prevention program, requiring collaboration and awareness among educators, parents and students. I know other schools in this district have experienced success with similar programs and policies. Is there any reason why this school cannot do the same, to serve the best interests of the children? The MEAP scores are the lowest in the district. the school seems unorganized. My one child is ADD and doesnt have support he needs.

Posted December 10, 2013
Very poor school. They don't care for special ed students, very high student to teacher ratio and very poor accomodation for IEPs. My son has issues with focus and concentration and a lot of the times, the teachers would just yell at him or center him out from the class which makes him feel less self confident. We would also get send notes home because the teachers couldn't manage and did not work on accomodating or teaching coping mechanisms to my son. The teachers seem fed up with things, and have called me or my wife several times to pick him up. After spending 1.5 years at the school and even with meetings with teachers, we decided to take him to a school close to where I work in Troy. Better teachers and better accomodation. If you have the chance to go to another district way better.

Posted December 10, 2013
I think others should know that this school is unorganized. The staff and princpal don't have communication with the parents about the matters that happen in the school and if they do it is minimum and very last minute. They could improve by having regular communication on a weekly basis. The teachers seem to favor the good students and ignore the students that are "poor" or have "issues". Our daughter has a learning disability and is often left behind and sent home with lots of homework without any teacher guidance. We went up having to pay for tutors cause the teachers are ot willing to help on their own time, or even give use feed back on things we can do at home. Not pleased with the school at all. Thankfully we are moving for 7th and 8th grade to Ann Arbor school district where we have already been communicating with the new school.

Allen Park Middle School 3

Posted November 13, 2011
Vice principal is very ignorant. Rest of staff it great. Very average school to me.

Posted April 12, 2011
Fantastic. Staff works very will with each student. Very happy. My child needed some help in two subjects, and the staff was readily available to guide us in what was available. The staff treats everyone well.

Posted April 30, 2010
My daughter has attended APMS since 6th grade and is now in 8th grade. What I love most about this school is how they are extremely fair with students and pay very close to each one as an individual and not as a 'number'. My daughter has always felt safe in the school environment and has had much support from teachers, the assistant principal-(who is awesome), and most importantly, from her school counselor who is one of the most caring people I know. The vice principal knows each student individually and takes great care in each one. He doesn't mess around either! He gives discipline where needed, but at the same time, you know he cares about you. My daughter has had her fair share of discipline, hence the age, but knows he does it with care and fairness. Her counselor is available any time you need him and goes the extra mile to let his students feel comfortable coming to him for any help or advice they may need. I have been most impressed with the staff. I have no regrets sending my child to this school. Most importantly, the education is phenomenal. My daughter has always been an A+ student, but in previous districts, I don't feel she was challenged enough. At APMS, she has finally been challenged! Great school, great staff, great education. What more could you ask for?

Allen Park Middle School 0

Posted April 25, 2010
i attend allen park middle school and i think that the school is amazing! the teaching staff is awsome !!! a very friendly enviorment!!! i love it here!! i love waking up to go to school!!

Posted September 13, 2009
I love my school and the teachers are awesome. I have never been unhappy with the fact that i had to go to school.

Allen Park Middle School
8401 Vine Avenue, Allen Park, MI  48101
Last modified Allen Park Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Allen Park Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top