K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Inter-City Baptist School 1

Posted June 25, 2014
We had a very bad experience with this school. The curriculum is great, but that's it. Everything else was very disappointing.

Posted January 05, 2014
We have been at I-C for the last 6 years with a wide range of grades. We even had one graduate last year. Finished with his first semester in college, he had felt more than prepared for college. We do not attend the church, however our children have always been treated well, and have never felt "left out". The teachers are highly dedicated in working with the parents to create a Christ- centered environment. They do lean a bit more on the sports side of life, but even in saying that, their music program is incredibly enriching for the students. I highly recommend this school for anyone looking for a godly, faithful school.

Posted February 02, 2013
I attended I-C High School and am extremely grateful for the solid academic and spiritual foundation they provided for me. I highly recommend this school, its faculty, and its principal!

Inter-City Baptist School 4

Posted January 16, 2013
I attended IC for 10 years. Both my boys went there, my youngest graduates this year. The teachers have never turned away, they have always been extremely helpful. What I appreciate is that the administration is consistently evaluating what works. No school is going to be perfect. If you have a problem with following rules, then you will have a problem at any private school. If you want a great education and a school that seeks to honor God, this is a good school. They are also a very athletic orientated school.

Posted March 01, 2012
I attended this school from 7th to 12th grade and received an excellent education. I was able to get a full scholarship to a local university for all four years and was actually bored my first two years in college due to a repeat in content of my classes. I was on the Deans list in college multiple times and excelled above my classmates due to the education I received at this high school. I would only stress that it is up to the student to put the work into their education. The school supports students well but the student has to do the work, accept accountability, and participate in their own education.

Inter-City Baptist School 3

Posted February 21, 2012
This is a school of Religion. Jesus came to abolish religion. ICB does not neglect doctrinal truth. They teach God's Word accurately, but expend great effort imposing "their" rules of conduct, and idealized appearance. Love lends itself to being conditional in this particular community. Being a member for 11 years, I am thankful for the great teachers I myself have had at IC, but if you are looking for a school with Counselors, Occupational Therapists, and other resources of that nature; Inter-City falls short.

Inter-City Baptist School 1

Posted December 28, 2011
I attended this school several years ago. As others have said, the focus was on Do's and Don'ts with no attention to Christ-like charity and kindess. Students were bullies, teachers and staff were mean and judgemental, especially if you or your parents didn't attend Inter-City Baptist Church. There were no student counselors of any sort, only fire and brimstone. This is the sort of place that creates either fanatics or atheists.

Posted February 08, 2011
Well-trained and caring faculty with an administrator who knows education and discipleship both and is constantly working to improve the school. My children are in the school and will be well prepared for life because of it.

Inter-City Baptist School

Posted August 07, 2009
I attended Inter-City from 3rd-12th grade, and am very thankful for the opportunity to send my 2 oldest children this year. Having witnessed the changes over the past few years, I would highly encourage others to consider sending their children as well. The academics are excellent, teachers well prepared, and spiritual instruction/encouragement is always present. I was very well prepared to enter college-my freshman year was practically a review of my high school education. Much of the curriculum used today has been re-evaluated and improved since my attendance at the school. Students are taught the subjects as well as critical thinking skills allowing them to use the information learned outside of the classroom-not just in class in order to pass a test.

Posted August 29, 2008
I went to Inter City from 7th grade - 12th grade! I now am able to send my child who has been at Inter city for 6 years!! I feel blessed that we have such a wonderful school with dedicated teachers to help guide my child. In this world we live in, our children need a good home, church & school, to help them in their christian walk! I disagree with all the former students who have negative things to say about this school! There was a reason they were 'asked to leave.' Inter City wants kids who are following Christ at their school!!!!

Inter-City Baptist School
4700 Allen Road, Allen Park, MI  48101
Last modified Inter-City Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Inter-City Baptist School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top