Orchard Primary School 2

Posted January 13, 2014
As a parent of two Almont students, I am not at all pleased with the Almont school system -- OP or the High School. Like another poster pointed out, you have to research and specifically request certain teachers. Some OP teachers are absolutely dreadful. It seems there is a disproportionately high ratio of unqualified and/or disgruntled teachers and staff. I don't know what the political/working environment is behind the scenes, but I certainly get negative vibes from many of the staff and teachers. There are some great teachers there, of course. But not enough to justify a successful or recommended school system. There is a lot of parent involvement, that's a plus. At this time, we're investigating the neighboring school districts and will probably switch systems for the next school year. A couple of the surrounding school systems don't seem to have the poor staff attitudes and problems we've been encountering at Almont. Some friends have already made the switch.

Orchard Primary School 1

Posted December 20, 2013
Couldn't agree more about the bully problem at recess and on the bus. They are good at trying to work out problems after the fact. Some teachers are good - some are terrible! Do your research and request the teacher you want. Join the PTA in order for your kid to be treated fairly. You need to be a constant presence at this school. Request to see teacher resumes - some are teaching subjects (like art) and don't have an art history degree.

Posted April 13, 2009
I absolutely love Orchard Primary. The teachers are caring and innovative in their teaching techniques. There is tons of parent involvement and a community feeling. The staff focuses on character development and anti-bullying, which is working! My only complaint is that they don't challenge the advanced kids enough.

Posted July 27, 2006
I send my children to o.p. from another district, and I couldn't be happier. The teachers and staff do a great job. I spend alot of time at the school volunteering and I feel that each child is given every opportunity to succeed.

Orchard Primary School 3

Posted April 26, 2006
My children have done well in the classroom, however at recess and lunch time watch out. lots of bullying on the bus and in the lunch room and playground and the adults have no clue as to how to handle it.

Orchard Primary School 4

Posted August 19, 2004
They make the transition to Kindergarten easy for children and parents! I am very satisfied with this school!

Posted April 29, 2004
Orchard has done a wonderful job with the students. They are a very caring and supportive staff. There is a lot of parent involvement in this school and I truly feel that they doing their absolute best with the students. I live in a different district and chose to send my children to this school instead. I am 110% satisfied with that decision.

Orchard Primary School
4664 Kidder Road, Almont, MI  48003
Last modified Orchard Primary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orchard Primary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top