Public charter
Ann Arbor, MI

Posted December 02, 2013
My grandson attended this school for three years before moving out of state. We had a wonderful experience in grades K-2. The teachers are creative and they know their students very well. The environment is warm and supportive from the administrators to the specialty staff. I particularly like the emphasis on teaching the children to accept individual differences. In addition I like the curriculum that helps student learn to resolve conflicts and avoid bullying.

Posted September 06, 2013
We have our daughter there, and we are really happy with everything. From teaching level to social interact. Is an school not only focus on reach the highest level of the annual program, also focus on each children feelings. Thank you very much Honey Creek Community School.

Honey Creek Community School 2

Posted April 01, 2013
My son went here for K-1 and now he goes to our local public school and what a difference. I found out my son was starting 2nd grade way behind in his reading and writing. He never learned out how to form his letters and needed a lot of work on his reading. It was a harsh reality to find out he wasn't learning anything in 2 years. There is way too much "Free choice" and very little instruction, even in gym class. Also, they do not celebrate any normal holidays or even say the Pledge of Elegance. Now in public school my son is doing great and has caught up to his reading level. I did like the swimming lessons they offered but swimming during the week was useless because of no instruction. The aftercare was good and the summer camp was good, too but academics were very poor. Do lots of research before deciding.

Posted November 13, 2012
it is a very great school, everybody should go there. It is very great school!!! Everybody should go there

Posted May 02, 2010
when I think of HCCS, I get a warm, wonderful feeling inside and when I encounter kids from HC elsewhere, I just feel pride, as I did today at Pioneer Theatre Guild, seeing Dana, Max, Evan, and others in the programme. My daughter spent 9 years at Honey Creek, and it helped her expand her mind and her social/problem solving skills immensely. Some of the teachers there are the best I have experienced, including just about the whole middle school. She was totally prepared for high school and is pulling straight A's at a very competitive place. I love Honey Creek!

Posted April 21, 2010
The teachers, small class size, project based learning, the community, and he list goes on

Posted April 21, 2010
Honey Creek has a project-based curriculum, so children are active learners and apply knowledge to real situations. Honey Creek emphasizes service (to the school and the community) throughout the curriculum. The teachers are creative, talented, and incredibly devoted. The administration does everything possible to support learning and create a safe atmosphere where children can learn and thrive. The PTO has supported initiatives in technology, wellness, Science-Technology-Math-Engineering education, and fine arts. The community is diverse, close-knit, and welcoming. The families care about the school and are deeply involved in their children's education. Although not as well funded as other schools in the state, Honey Creek achieves in the top 10%. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Posted November 01, 2009
Honey Creek is a charter school that focuses on team work and community. Small, friendly classrooms with a total focus on the student. Teachers are called by their first names and they have camps every year that focus on team building and friendship. Classes are fun and diverse in age.

Posted October 06, 2009
Honey Creek puts children first. The hands-on, project-based program give children the opportunity to construct greater understanding and develop complex problem solving skills.

Posted October 05, 2009
My daughter is a special needs (visually impaired ) student in the 4th grade currently attending Honey Creek Community School. This is her second year as a student there. Honey Creek is the best academic and social environment she has ever been a part of. The staff, from administration down to classroom instructors, is exceptional, and unparalled in their skill, knowledge base, and level of commitment to the students. I am constantly overwhelmed and so grateful of what a wonderful opportunity this has been for my daughter. She has grown socially and academically in ways we had always hoped. Other schools were unable to help her cultivate her true potential as a student, and Honey Creek has done that, and more.Their tireless commitment to her development is something that we, as a family, feel very blessed to have. We only wish she could attend through 12th grade! Elena Kaltsas

Honey Creek Community School
1735 South Wagner Road, Ann Arbor, MI  48103
Last modified Honey Creek Community School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Honey Creek Community School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top