Posted September 04, 2013
what a great community! we are so excited to get to be part of it.

Posted September 04, 2013
I've been a Carpenter parent since 2003. Hard to believe that child is now in high school! We have had an amazing and enriching experience at Carpenter. The staff is professional, experienced and friendly. The kids are happy and eager to learn. What I like best is the team spirit and ethnic diversity. This is one of the most diverse schools in SE Michigan, having over 70 countries and over 30 languages spoken in the school. There are several events during each school year to celebrate and educate the school community about this cultural wealth. It is awesome to see kids working together and learning about their world through personal experiences. We got a wonderful new principal (from our middle school) half-way through 2013, and it is wonderful to see even more positive things happening under his leadership. The parents and teachers are involved and treat each other and the students with utmost respect. I recommend this school to everyone I know!

Posted September 04, 2013
Carpenter Elementary in Ann Arbor, MI The teachers here make sure to go out of their way to help their students! I feel confident that my child is getting a good education here.

Posted May 10, 2011
I currently have 3 kids attending Carpenter and have had wonderful experiences with the principal, teachers, staff and other parents. I love the environment at Carpenter and love that my children enjoy going to school and participating in various activities in school as well as after school. Their excitement makes me become more and more involved.

Posted February 10, 2011
Our son has been in Carpenter from Kindergarten until 5th grade and done very well. The teachers have been excellent and Mr Collins is a great principal who is able to keep control of the students while guiding them gently in the right direction. We look forward to our daughter starting kindergarten at Carpenter next fall. The school commmunity is diverse being from parts of Pittsfield Township that range from low income housing to upper middle class. Therefore the students and parent involvement various from none to extreme with less than some Ann Arbor schools that have more higher income families.

Posted February 02, 2011
Good school, very diverse and my daughter has a very good teacher. There is certainly a sense of community at Carpenter.

Posted October 08, 2009

Posted June 16, 2009
Any child would be lucky to be a part of the Carpenter Elementary School community. The principal, teachers, staff and parents are all wonderful!! the school is incredibly diverse and well-rounded. My son 'hated' school after attending Kindergarten somewhere else. Now he leaps out of the car to go to school.

Posted May 21, 2007

Posted March 22, 2007
Carpenter elementary is a great school, with a very caring staff. Mr. Ron Collins the principle of Carpenter elementary is kind, works at the students level, he is fair, and is a great role model for the kids. He supports the teachers which in turn reflects from the teachers attitudes toward teaching. My oldest son loved and still loves Carpenter and it's teaching staff and my youngest son has two more years and he is thriving at Carpenter as well. It's a great diverse community the kind of community that makes you feel welcome.

Carpenter School
4250 Central Boulevard, Ann Arbor, MI  48108
Last modified Carpenter School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carpenter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top