Haisley Elementary School 3

Posted June 27, 2014
As I look back on my years at Haisley, I see fun times, but also times of great boredom. In some classes, teachers failed to challenge me. One teacher let me finish the math book and then do whatever I want for a month before the end of school. Another teacher ranked kids by how smart they were. Other memories were better, with fun, engaging teachers who challenged and encouraged their students to do their best. The current principal is doing an average job. Sometimes I felt she was talking to 5th graders in a voice that should be used for little kids. That experience was not ideal. This is my view on the school, and may not match others. I am trying to voice a student's perspective.

Haisley Elementary School 5

Posted April 22, 2013
A wonderful, caring, progressive, open environment for kids to enjoy their first years of school. From the principal, Mrs. Scarnecchia, to every one of the teachers I have encountered (especially Mrs. McGee!!), I have found this school to be above and beyond expectations. VERY happy with it!!!

Haisley Elementary School 3

Posted January 10, 2013
I am only giving this school 3 stars because the principle is aweful. The teachers are super awesome. I have heard from several parents that she is abrasive, cold and fake. However the teachers are incredible.

Haisley Elementary School 5

Posted August 23, 2011
So sad to hear that the current principal retired. She was fantastic! Really cares about kids and is always around in the hallways, on the playground and in classrooms. She has really turned around the bullying problem and all three of my children feel happy and safe. The education they receive at Haisley is top notch!

Posted April 14, 2010
The school has been a top notch school for over 50 years!

Posted October 09, 2009
warm loving upbeat atmosphere Effective education A wonderful place for anyone to be in

Posted October 05, 2009
We embrace diversity of all kinds! Our self contained physically handicapped students are mainstreamed and integrated with our general education classes and special friendships are made with students and staff!

Posted October 05, 2009
Haisley has the best, most caring teachers, and a program that is about so much more than academics!

Posted October 05, 2009
Haisley Elementary has been an outstanding school for my kids. They have grown and expanded their horizons due to the wonderful teachers.

Posted October 05, 2009
Both of my granddaughters have attended Haisley School. I have always been impressed by the great teachers and activities they have for the children. For example last year the whole school was involved in learning Spanish. Even the Kindergarten classes.

Haisley Elementary School
825 Duncan Street, Ann Arbor, MI  48103
(734) 994-1937
Last modified Haisley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Haisley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top