Ann Arbor, MI
Before care: Yes

Posted September 10, 2013
My twins are now entering 1st grade. We moved back into the Ann Arbor district specifically for the kids to attend Kindergarten at this school. We have so far been delighted with our experience. Great level of communication between teachers and parents. Responsive and caring attitude to the needs of my children as individuals. Involved parents, well-adjusted kids. We love the diversity of cultures and the open and friendly atmosphere overall. Test scores here are higher than some other area schools with higher "Great school scores," despite many students coming in with English as a second language. We are very happy to be a part of this school and I recommend it!

John Allen School 3

Posted March 12, 2013
We attended Allen for 1 year. My daughter got hurt twice in gym class. The gym teacher leaves the kids alone while she goes into her office. I tried to tell the office this but I was ignored. My daughter got her lip busted open when her and another child bumped into each other, they were completely unsupervised. It happen on many occasions. The rest of the faculty was amazing but I did not like being ignored when I came to my childs safety.

Posted July 23, 2012
I was very nervous about sending my kids to school but Allen has been great. I'm always impressed with the whole staff. The people who work here really seem to enjoy it. There are lots of smiles and friendly words. My kids enjoy all their teachers and the lunchroom monitors. I am quite happy here.

Posted July 02, 2012
My son has attended Allen Elementary School for 2 years (3d and 4th grades) and this experience could not be better. Believe me, I am a demanding parent; but I agree with every single word in the April 1, 2012 post. We are moving from Ann Arbor this summer and I consider leaving the schools our biggest lost. I wish I found a school of this level and this quality in our new place; and I wish every kid in this country would attend a school like ALLEN !

Posted April 01, 2012
One of my two children attended Allen K - 5 and this experience still remains her favorite and she is now in 7th grade. Many of the wonderful teachers @ Allen are considered 2nd and 3rd "mothers" to this day. Our youngest 2nd child is in first grade and loving her experience as well. My husband and I are hesitant to ever leave the Allen community because of the wonderful success our two daughters have experienced. The diversity, discipline, strong curriculum, and sense of community Allen brings to its students and families has us committed to stay for as long as we possibly can Thank you Allen Staff!.

Posted March 27, 2011
Allen is a fantastic school in a great community. Parents are always welcome and are encouraged to be involved. The teachers and principal are amazing and most have been at the school for many years. This makes Allen a community itself and has made my son's education seamless year to year. We are so pleased with our experience there and would recommend the school to family and friends alike.

Posted February 14, 2011
Great school. My children are really happy here. The parents are made to feel very welcome whenever they visit and each child seems to be valued.

Posted April 21, 2010
Allen is a wonderful school. There is a fantastic community feel and the students are very diverse. I love that Allen includes diversity in its mission statement. Ms. Fitz is a caring and invested principal and the teachers are fantastic. We have been very pleased with this school.

John Allen School 4

Posted March 14, 2010

John Allen School 0

Posted February 22, 2010
Allens awesome! 5 stars! it is the best elementary school. Look it up!

John Allen School
2560 Towner Boulevard, Ann Arbor, MI  48104
Last modified John Allen School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Allen School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top