Posted May 02, 2013
Lawton is the best school elementary School in Washtenaw county the teachers are great the new Principle is a charm and the art projects my children bring home are awsome

Posted August 22, 2012
Outstanding teachers, programs and community. We moved into this district, and I think it's the finest school in Ann Arbor. I'm particularly impressed with the music, gym and K-1 teachers so far, but I feel positive about all of the staff and their programs so far.

Posted March 01, 2012
I have heard great things about this school and have enrolled my daughter for K next year. I am interested in learning more about this school and hearing about parents feedback.

Uriah H. Lawton School 0

Posted March 28, 2008
We interdistrict transferred to Lawton for our son who is in Kindergarten b/c we heard of it's great reputation.. it has met and exceeded my expectations. We love the friendly loving culture and best of all the K teacher my son has is the best- Lawton is lucky to have her. She is so in tune to each individual kid and loves them like they are her own. Plus, look at the rating in MEAP scores- Lawton is doing the right things!

Posted March 16, 2007
My daughter currently attends kindergarten at Lawton. She is having a wonderful experience and it has been very gratifying to see her mature socially and improve academically. Her kindergarten teacher is absolutely fantastic; Lawton is lucky to have had her for 17 years. She has managed to push my daughter in reading, where we were initally concerned that my daughter would be held back when she is reading at a grade level above her. Parental involvement is high and I've never had a safety concern. I also like their Pioneer Trailblazers program where high school students volunteer in the classrooms each day.

Uriah H. Lawton School 4

Posted May 04, 2006
Lawton is a good school educational wise. But its not very diverse and there is underline racism. Its not in your face but you know its there. Most of the parents seem to shy away from you if you dont live in the lawton neighborhood. I dont like how the principal addresses the black families of the school seperatley, like were not a part of the school,as if were in our own class.She doesn't send out letters addressed only to the white families or should I say the Lawton area parents.

Uriah H. Lawton School 0

Posted March 12, 2006
One of the most sought after Elementary schools in the city of Ann Arbor, Lawton provides a safe, nurturing environment for children. The teachers are exempilary and the staff are excellent wouthout exception. The principal is easy to work with and knows the name of every child in the school of 490 children! Her support of her teaching staff make the teachers working environment very pleaseant. The school has excellent MEAP scores before and after school enrichment as well as very strong and supportive parent involvement and an active PTO.

Posted September 22, 2004
It is an excellent school filled with opportunities for your child to grow. The teachers are very professional & encourage children to learn at their pace. With an active PTO & a involved principal, I would rate Lawton as the best. My children are learning and having fun at school.

Uriah H. Lawton School
2250 South 7th Street, Ann Arbor, MI  48103
(734) 994-1946
Last modified Uriah H. Lawton School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Uriah H. Lawton School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top