Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted September 04, 2015
My children are having a great experience so far. Loving the changes in curriculum and curious where the IB program will take the school.

Mary D. Mitchell School 1

Posted April 24, 2015
Unhappy ex perience. Im glad my kids dont attend. Some students are very disruptive, ruins the whole learning experience.

Posted October 17, 2014
The staff here has been incredible all through my children's education. In the last few years they have also added a number of after-school and extracurricular programs run by student teachers from U-Mich. They seem to have a bad rep because of low state test scores but the attentiveness, learning growth and experience my children have had since moving to Ann Arbor have been incredible. Highly rated!

Posted September 05, 2013
My child has been going to this school since 1st grade. Love this place. Teachers are great and the new principle Mr. Karr is doing everything to make this school better. Love the fact that Ann Arbor Schools is very diversified, and that the U of M parentership is helping to improve this school and Scarlet as well.

Posted March 12, 2013
I have been at Mitchell for all 5 years. Since Mr. Karr took over and the U of M partnership is in place, I have never been happier. We live in a different area of ann arbor and I do an in district transfer just to go here! Caring knowledgeable teachers and with an amazing principal like Mr. Karr, we will continue to go far and its the students that will benefit the most.

Posted July 07, 2010
After 8 years I'm no longer a Mitchell parent.I'm very proud to say that my girls had a great elementary school experience there. Principal Kathy Scarnecchia and her staff do an outstanding job of forming good students and good citizens. Many of the Mitchell teachers own children go to school there and a lot of the staff live in the neighborhood. Having your child in such a nurturing and diverse atmosphere gives them a strong foundation for life. I highly urge you to give Mitchell a strong look.

Mary D. Mitchell School

Posted September 16, 2009
Mitchell has loved, educated and nurtured my three boys and continues to be a great neighborhood school.

Mary D. Mitchell School 4

Posted June 28, 2007
The individual attention, dedication of the teachers is amazing. Sam's Club Teacher of Year winner of 2006-2007 school year is part of the teachers there. My children were with the 2nd grade teacher, Ms Babcock. They were behind in math entering the 2nd grade and hated math. I was amazed at her eagerness to assist me, and include me in the plan to get them on target. Ms.Babcock turn my girls attitude around, they became excited about learning new things including MATH! The last field trip of the year, I assisted with the life guard reported to us adults they have never had children so well behaved.

Mary D. Mitchell School
3550 Pittsview Drive, Ann Arbor, MI  48108
Last modified Mary D. Mitchell School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.