Ann Arbor, MI

Posted November 04, 2014
Great environment for learning. My child is excited to go to school everyday. The staff of the school is exceptional.

Posted November 03, 2014
These two schools are one of Ann arbor's hidden treasures. This diverse community is preparing our children for life as it is in the world. The education, experiences, and friendships my child is receiving are bar none the greatest option in Ann Arbor. Best of all, my boy loves it too!

Posted November 03, 2014
Our school has a dynamic team of dedicated and enthusiastic teachers and a Principal who care about and know each child and strive to teach each child at his or her academic level through differentiated instruction. Our school has a very diverse population, which allow the children to form friendships across racial, religious and socio-economic groups, preparing them to succeed in the multi-cultural world in which we live. Additionally, our school has strong instruction in library sciences, art, music, band and physical education to complement the primary academic subjects. Our school further offers opportunities for students to participate in a wide variety of extra-curricular activities before and after school. Finally, the school community and climate is supportive and friendly for children and parents alike.

Pattengill School 2

Posted July 17, 2014
I think there are good teachers at Pattengill and the principal although new, is trying to sort things out. But there is a reverse discrimination problem at this school which interferes greatly with feelings of safety and accomplishment. Too many fights among the kids and too little accountability makes kids stressed and angry about how they will be perceived if they report being bullied. This is a huge problem.

Posted February 19, 2014
We love Bryant/ Pattengill because of the diversity, principal, and dedicated teachers. I was an elementary teacher, subbed at Bryant/Pattengill, and volunteered extensively in and out of the classrooms. I've had 3 kids go to Bryant/Pattengill, Tappan, and Pioneer and I have another child at Pattengill. My kids' learning levels range from low to high and all of their individual needs have been met. I love that it's social studies everyday just by attending class. I've seen Bryan/Pattengill teachers handle discipline problems with care while also preventing disruptive students from hindering learning for others. For my older kids, the instruments, student council, Girls on the Run, languages, rec & ed sports, and the talent show offered at Pattengill led into band, leadership, testing out of college language requirements, sports, and theatre all through high school. I also really like that all of Pattengill stays together for Tappan and Pioneer, which helped make a big school feel smaller. Last but not least, I like the division of k-2 and 3-5 because with so many teachers at each grade, it is easy to find a good match-up for your child's learning style with a teacher.

Posted September 13, 2013
I have substitute taught at this school in the past. Teachers are friendly and highly qualified. I am a veteran teacher and was very impressed with the split grade classrooms and the special needs program. I would recommend this school !

Posted January 18, 2011
Love everything about Pattengill! Couldn't pay any amount of money to have had a better teacher than my son had last year. Truly challenged the advanced kids and directed the class with such warmth! Also love all the after school classes offered. Hard for him to choose between Lego Robotics, flag football and chinese!

Posted December 26, 2010
The new principal is a friendly person, intent on making the school better than before. It has good, hardworking staff, and we are pleased with their performance. The things that are issues is the newness of the principal, and whenever an institution runs a big push to improve and implement new ideas, sometimes it is a trial and error experience. Overall, we are quite pleased with the performance and enthusiasm of the school's staff. It's a nice school.

Pattengill School 2

Posted August 19, 2010
My experience was less then optimal and although the teachers were very nice In my opinion the teach the test. However the children did not retain much and it is very easy to get lost in the masses. Cultural diversity does not mean cultural division and the schools flag ceremony in place of the pledge reminded me of a funeral.

Posted August 15, 2008
We our very happy with Pattengill School. Our daughter has received a great all-around education so far. The teachers are top-notch. There is also great parents who give much of their time to make the school even better.

Pattengill School
2100 Crestland Drive, Ann Arbor, MI  48104
(734) 994-1961
Last modified Pattengill School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pattengill School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top